x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Changing the OS from a VIa 8650 7" netbook

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4
Frozen
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 10:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The damn tools dooin its job, shuffilin flash drive data and surfin near the tv, up to 32GB usb drive. I must admit, sometimes its a buzz dooin WM stuff on a laptop, big screen, big keyboard popup taskbar, Mhz, mouses, ports, and i think a good implementation of WM desktop wize. I dont regret the $100 purchase.
 Top of the page
bitras12 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

nw00 - 2012-02-14 2:57 PM

My 8650 came with CE6 installed and my signal strength is excelent as well , there must be an option somewhere were not doing as they wouldn't sell a wifi netbook with faulty wifi.

Dear nw00!!
I faced same situation while accessing Internet on wifi. I approached so many forums for this, as per some geeks advise,
Then I tried the following:
first I deleted all the Profiles in the wifi which added earlier. let the netbook to access connection itself and clicked the connect button. Then the wifi connected to my Internet connection named "ITI"(SSID)
Then I came to the PCwhich connected to LAN of Broad band Network Router from which I recieving the wireless Internet and changed the sharing option to "Shared". in the dialup connetion. For this purpose I also changed the network connection setting and rebooted the Desktop.
Then in the Wifi power on position I clicked Internet explorer and Exclaimed for accessing GOOGLE page in InterNET.

Thanks for everybody for their valuable Advise/Replies
You may also Try.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 2:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Seems that the first time after a boot that the browser runs the connection wont work even after repeated refresh, I have to exit then re run the browser and google comes up.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 2:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Another program of mine runs on the big screen dl.dropbox.com/u/28588095/Wsoftware/pdb.zip Devised written compiled tested on hpRW6828 WM5

Edited by nw00 2012-02-16 2:47 AM
 Top of the page
sonik Page Icon Posted 2012-02-16 11:23 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have tried same but. I got a problem .while installing android. My wm8650 netbook stuck on boot screen saying android 2.2 upgrading. But nothing happened. Please help me out.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-04 8:17 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The jornada's'll like this- My 8650 wont boot, i didn't even flash it. If it cant boot i cant even reflash. Lucky me p3700 comiles now.
 Top of the page
fashfd Page Icon Posted 2012-05-27 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry to resurect this thread-I am wanting to install the windows ce6 on my daughters wm8650 but cannot get the download links to the file to work.. Think they have expired. Does anyone have fresh links to the english one posted previously ? Thanks in advance, Steve
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2012-06-02 3:50 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I posted the wm8650 rom on media fire... here is the link ------------------> http://www.mediafire.com/?q395x6or9tteq42

Edited by Thecatmilton 2012-06-02 4:14 AM
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2013-01-15 4:04 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Since all my links from free hosting sites no longer work i decided to set up a file server.... and since i no longer use my wm8650 netbook i figured it'd be the perfect low cost device to do so. Don't expect blazing download speeds, but at least all the files i salvaged from my various hard drives are available again. http://wicknix.no-ip.org

Cheers
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 12