x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

7in netbook Black screen even with SD(after android)

[Frozen]
Frozen
moonsal Page Icon Posted 2011-09-30 9:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Afternoon ya'll.... I'd say you're probably getting tired of these things by now but I have to ask because I have searched high and low and can't find an answer... So here goes...

Alright, picked up a 7in x6-7a (wm8505) and winCE was all jacked up.. (Linux user here). It would connect to wifi and i could ping ips just fine but wouldn't load any pages (ie, google, youtube, etc) plus wouldn't play vidjya from file or anything.. Decided to install android.. Flashing went fine, removed SD and it rebooted to black screen... Tried a few more times and still the same thing... Tried one last time and it hung up on updating FS or something like that so I just shut it off and downloaded a few more scripts.. Well, no matter what script I use now, it's just a black screen, NO BOOT... Nothing...

Would any of you all have an idea to what in the world is going on... Is it bricked??? Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks for the time guys....
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-01 12:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I flashed one of my 8505s with Android without a problem. IIRC I got it from here:

http://devio.us/~nextvolume/via_arm/

There are also several discussion threads there that may be helpful.
 Top of the page
moonsal Page Icon Posted 2011-10-01 12:35 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a USB instead of NAND.... It won't even boot from SD..... Just blackness....
 Top of the page
moonsal Page Icon Posted 2011-10-01 4:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok... I was mistaken.. I just broke this thing down and had a peek at the board and it is in-fact NAND, not usb... So this further complicates things for me as I should be able to at least see something with some sort of script...!!??!?! Why would it just hang up like this?? Makes no since, flashing went fine for the first couple of times but wouldn't boot up, then all the sudden it won't even boot from SD.. Tried debian, android and wince scripts.... Nadda...
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9