x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

j720: cannot execute nrdwakeup.exe

Anton7610 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-03 7:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello!
Recently I purchased a jornada 720, I had the same PDA 4 years ago, and I`ve had a copy of storage card and a backup from my old jornada.
When I restored my new jornada with this backup from my old jornada, everything was OK, but every time I switch on my device I get a message "Cannot execute \Windows\nrdwakeup.exe". Nothing serious, but it`s pretty annoying... How can I delete this message? I don`t see this file in windows directory, and I don`t want to format the memory of my jornada...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-03 7:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Look in the \windows\startup folder and delete any startup file that might be calling that executable. if you don't see anything there, then search the registry for nrdwakeup and delete that key.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 7:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The registry key Rich refers to is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/init. Check all the LaunchXX values and see if nrdwakeup.exe is named in any of them.
 Top of the page
Anton7610 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 5:46 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks for your responses, but nothing helped I looked for this file in \windows\ directory - no results
In the registry (I searched via PHM RegEdit) - no results. In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/init - nothing associated with this nrdwakeup.exe
Here is the screen of my problem, I see that every time I press "power on" button, maybe it could help:

Edited by Anton7610 2011-10-04 5:48 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 6:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well the nrdwakeup.exe is part of the Novi Remote software...so perhaps installing it and then uninstalling it will remove the message queue...do another registry search, this time search for novi or NR and see what pops up...
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

In any case there's an application in PHM Power Toys to manage notifications. Notifications are special events (application launch, power on, alarm) which are triggered by alarm or by another special system event (RS232 connection, power on, etc.). They are not parts of registry. The aim is to find notification which launches "nrdwakeup.exe" at power on.
 Top of the page
Anton7610 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 5:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks, problem`s been resolved

PS: Alt Bass, are you Baikalov Petr from hpc.ru? Nice to meet you )
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9