x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

minibooktrouble Page Icon Posted 2011-10-07 6:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello to anyone who can help . I got a netbook with ce6.0 just for travel. Used once 6 mos ago and now forgot my password ( okay I was supposed to write it down) anyone know how to recover it... I tried taking the battery out no luck, also looked inside for backup battery.. there is none. Microsoft help says they will not assist with password issues.... this unit is made by cnmlifestyles thier website offers no info. I appreciate anyones help
Hope I did totally waste $200
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-07 12:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There is no internal backup battery...no need for one...they all use nonvolitile flash memory...but doesn't the notebook by cnmlifestyles require a hardware wire bridge to flash the device...seems there is a unique procedure that will reflash the netbook if I remember correctly, maybe this will reset it to factory new without requiring the password.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-10-07 2:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Go here: http://www.cnmlifestyle.com/
Click on the support section, click on end-of-life section, click on the netbook section
There is a restore and firmware update guide there. You have to use the USB to USB bridge Rich talked about.

On another note:
Maybe your password is still the defauld password..."anyka"???

Edited by Yoldering 2011-10-07 2:21 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-10-10 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

So...did that help?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9