x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

FA: Advantech MPC-100E (Resource)

isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-10 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

It's actually a Diebold voting system. I just got mine, and it had all the parts (charger, stylus, not sure about the battery charge yet) and was in quite nice condition. It comes with a fairly nice CE 4.1 installed. There is even a built-in antenna that you can connect to a PCMCIA wifi card, if the card supports an external antenna.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260742588914
P.S. Try making an offer! The seller accepted close to mine.

Edited by isotherm 2011-10-10 7:22 PM
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-10-10 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Now that is pretty cool. Please let us know about your battery life when you have the chance.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-10 8:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I saw those he had posted a day or so ago...they look pretty nice for the money.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 7:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I saw them too, but I'm not sure yet whether I want another CE 4.1 device. Does the display support rotation?

For those who don't recall, Diebold was mired in controversy over computerized voting machines used in Ohio during the 2004 national elections here in the US, which were found to be rather easily hackable.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-13 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Elite

The battery seems to be quite good, but of course that may vary by the unit. It looks like it will last a couple hours with wifi on. I suppose it is not as good of a deal if you don't happen to have the right wifi card laying around. Mine is a Proxim Harmony 802.11b card. I'm not sure if other cards (such as the more popular would work with the connector or not. WPA works with Aegis.

Rotation is not supported by the firmware. I'm using it with RDP to Opera Mobile Emulator, which supports rotation anyway. It may be kind of awkward when rotated. I am putting it in the kitchen as a recipe computer plus digital photo frame (screensaver) when not in use. I wish it could run Opera Mini, and I tried to get it working, but such is CE 4.1.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 6:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I got Opera Mini working. Perhaps it will help others with CE 4.1? See the other thread about fixing the SSL problem. In addition to eliminating the reference to GetCharABCWidths, I also had to disable a reference to GetServiceHandle which prevented it from loading fully on my tablet.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-21 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Success! See attached image of Opera Mini set up for use as kitchen tablet. Recipes are stored in Google Docs. Other links include AllRecipes.com, food substitution information, a cooking calculator, load link sent from desktop/laptop via Google Short Links, plus access to GMail, Google Calendar, Facebook, and weather forecast. Total cost: $35 + $2 (plate hanger)

Edited by isotherm 2011-10-21 7:16 PM

(kitchen-tablet.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kitchen-tablet.JPG (55KB - 3 downloads)
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2011-10-23 5:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

There's a system update. I believe it's CE.Net 4.2.

http://support.advantech.com.tw/support/DownloadSRDetail.aspx?SR_ID...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-25 3:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

My unit came with that ROM version and build date already installed, but it is CE 4.1. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a CE 4.2 image for this device. However, with Opera Mini now working, I'm happy enough...
 Top of the page
dioni207 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-16 3:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi sorry I also have an Advantech MPC100 with Windows CE.net 4.1, I did all the installation of Opera Mini that appears in here http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15982&st... but i still have the error after rewrite the COREDLL.dll to COOPERA.dll. and it says cmmctrl.dll cant be loaded, how can i remove the GetCharABCWidths or how can i make Opera work in my advantech as you did?

Thank You
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-16 5:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Isotherm, does the Advantech have a TFT screen? How big is it? Same as the Viewsonic Airpanel? How good was the battery on the one you received? I offered $30 for one, but the offer expired without action....
 Top of the page
dioni207 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-19 10:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Can someone help me to load Opera Browser in Windows CE.net 4.1 advantech, the forum step by step is not working for me

thanks
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2012-01-22 4:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich, it is 10.4" TFT. I guess try offering a bit higher.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 12