x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Opera 8.65 Still Available Somewhere?

Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-10-13 8:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Having lived out of suitcases these past 15 months, we're finally in a house with our stuff. It's been great fun to see the J-720s again and to find that I have amassed six batteries for them, and they all hold a charge so far.

Because PocketI IE is playing poorly with many of my sites (even with Skweezer's help), I'd like to give Opera a whirl. But I can't find it for sale, or even trial version, anywhere.

Is there a site I'm missing?

Jake
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-13 8:43 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Cmonex has it on her site... http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm and you can alway use the Wayback machine to find it on the Opera site....
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 6:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

You can still get it from here. You can also still buy it, if you are so inclined.
Opera Mobile 8.65 for WM2003 PPC

Edited by isotherm 2011-10-14 6:27 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 1:26 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Many thanks, gang, for the site-pointers. Cmonx's listing seems to have only the 8.65 beta (for HPC200), whose trial data has certainly come and gone. But I hadn't been to that site and was able to find some other great stuff. isotherm's link worked for me, once I scrounged through the threads and found that a user needs to install 8.65 in main memory. An initial install on the cf fails, but ce geek's old pointer helped me out.

Again, I can always count on the forum for fast, effective help,
Jake
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 1:43 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Here is a link to buy:

BMT Micro - Opera Software
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks, too, isotherm, for that link. I'm finding 8.65 to be having some of the same trouble as Pocket IE (HPC2000). For example, in mobile.washingtonpost.com, the deeper I go in the levels, the more trouble rendering until I'm getting the xml failure to parse error (the page reduced to script)--I've seen that specific error in Linux/Skipstone .97.

Odd that skweezer still rules. I wonder what will happen should that service wander off.

Jake
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-10-14 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Unfortunately I think Opera Mini is the best chance for these devices today, and I don't know of any way to make it work on CE 3.0
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2011-10-15 8:46 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm playing with Netfront 3.3, which, in turns, seems to play best with my sites. I had never tried nf on wince, but the app is stock (3.1) with my Zaurus SL-C1000--on linux, nf has always served browsing well.

Jake
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 8:35 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

It's also here on the official Opera FTP site:

ftp://ftp.opera.com/pub/opera/winmobile/
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 8:37 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

isotherm - 2011-10-14 3:49 PM

Unfortunately I think Opera Mini is the best chance for these devices today, and I don't know of any way to make it work on CE 3.0

phoneME, of course! I'm hoping I can get the latest version to compile for CE 3 kernels. Also, you really need to open source RedGear or something.

Edited by TFGBD 2012-03-29 8:41 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9