x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP 320lx!

[Frozen]
Frozen
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2011-10-15 6:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

So, I've just gotten my first H/PC -- A HP 320lx. Sure, from what I gather, there's not much software for CE 1.0, but I want to learn more about WinCE and feed my antique electronics obsession -- And The start seems to be a good place to start.

At any rate, in spite of the seeming dearth of software available, what software would you guys recommend for me to get a idea of how people used these things when they were new? Is there any good graphing calculator software so I can start to use the 320lx in place of my TI-84?

Also, is there any way I can stick the installers for any programs I get onto a compactflash card, or am I going to have to set up H/PC explorer on my old experimenting machine, which currently runs NT 4 Terminal Server? From what I've gathered, the Windows CE 1.0 link software doesn't play nice with windows 7...

Lastly, what sort of Compact Flash cards play nicely with the 320lx/CE 1.0? Will any old card work or am I going to have to get my hands on a Type I?

(I think I'll try to get a jornada 820 or 720 next!)

Edited by Mister_Argent 2011-10-15 6:30 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-10-15 6:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

- CE 1 doesn't have device side installers like CE2+ so you will need HPCEx
- You can use the HPC:Factor H/PC Explorer XP version with XP and lower but not Vista or 7. You can use HPCEx 1.1 with NT 4.
- Anything FAT16 up to 2GB should work
 Top of the page
Mister_Argent Page Icon Posted 2011-10-15 6:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Really? Ah. Well, All that will be good to know once I get a compactflash card so I can transfer programs without taking up the internal 4mb.
Thanks for telling me!
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28