x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Global Sat BU-303 Gps receiver drivers not working?

Keiska Page Icon Posted 2011-10-26 7:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

I have Wondermedia Prizm hpc running on CE 6.0
processor: WMT, ARM-WM8650

I have Global Sat BU-303 Gps Receiver. They have drivers for CE on their site

( http://www.globalsat.com.tw/download.php?menu=3&select_product_fold... )

but i cant get them to work on my Prizm. Anyone have any ideas or guide how to install them or alternative drivers?
I'm not very good with the machine so the guide should be step-by-step if possible.

I'm also searching for working Blue Sole USB bluetooth dongle drivers but they aren't as desperately needed as the gps receiver.

All info and help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Keiska 2011-10-26 7:08 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-26 8:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The linked page is for a different unit (DG-100); however, the driver appears to be the same usbser.dll file. The downloaded file is a renamed CAB file. Rename the RAR file USBSER.ARM.CAB (ie, remove _wince6.rar from the name), and run the renamed file on the CE 6 device. This will install the driver (usbser.dll). Then insert the USB plug from the BU-303 in one of the CE 6 device's USB ports, and if the CE 6 device asks for a driver name, type in usbser. Let us know what happens then.

See here for the BlueSoleil driver:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=251995

You have to register with the forums on that site to download it.
 Top of the page
Keiska Page Icon Posted 2011-10-26 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I tried renaming and running but it just pops window saying ''Setup Failed: The application cannot run on this device type. Please install the application specific to this device type''. The same message has popped up earlier when i've tried different drivers with the gps. I'm puzzled.

Thanks for the BlueSoleil link, ill check that out later.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-26 9:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

CE 6 is pretty picky about CAB files, especially those written for Windows Mobile devices. Try this:

1) Extract the contents of the file (whether it's renamed or not) using WinRAR on either the CE 6 device or on your PC. (On the PC you have to do it by right-clicking the file and selecting one of the "Extract file(s) " options.) You will see two files, with the file extensions .000 and .001.

2) Rename the .001 file to usbser.dll. Then copy it into \Windows on the CE 6 device.

3) Plug in the BU-303, and type in the driver name if it asks.
 Top of the page
Keiska Page Icon Posted 2011-10-27 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I got the receiver working after the extracting/renaming process. Thank you, i couldn't have solved the problem myself.

Here is some things i noticed if someone runs across the same problems:

-The same gps drivers seems to be working with most receivers

-Bu-303 didnt work even after the extracting/renaming. After couple of tries i got Navibe Compass GM 720 working (with the extracting and renaming process). After that Bu-303 started working too.

BlueSoleil gives the same error message as the Gps drivers gave before, but the gps is the thing that's most important for me so its not such big deal.

Also if someone happens to know why Prizm doesen't recognize SD cards, share your information. I've tried following cards: Scandisk 256 mt, Kingston 1 gb, and random 8gb card (i dont remember the brand).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-27 10:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

CEGeek to the rescue once more!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-10-27 11:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I think the BlueSoleil driver also requires a few other Bluetooth-related DLLs that it doesn't include. Those should be available from the driver package for one of the Compact Flash Bluetooth cards in our Hardware Compatibility List:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/hpchcl.asp

Try installing one of those drivers too (selecting "No" if asked to overwrite files) and see if it helps.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 28