x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Fex21 cf card not reading

ProzacAddict Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 2:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a fex21 handheld and dosen't read cf card i have 2 of them.128 mb and 32 mb with 128 mb if is inserted dosent whant's to start.and with the cf 32 mb dosen't do nothing.What kind of cf card uses?What type of format ntfs/fat/ex32 thanks.And i have a freebox wifi card 802.11b wl-618hr need some drivers for that.Any help is appreciated.10x
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 3:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Reformat the cards with Fat or Fat16 only and see what happens. The Freebox was supposed to natively support the WL-618hr, that is the drivers are bult in so I guess I don't understand that...
 Top of the page
ProzacAddict Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 4:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I did that format the card's still nothing with 128 megs dosen't start and with 32 mb says nothing.The wifi card when i insert that in pcmcia slot de fex21 says to enter the name of the driver or somthing like that.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 7:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Then you probably have a bad CF slot on the Fex21 as I doubt you would have bad CF cards, especially since you were able to reformat the on another machine. As far as the wifi, I misunderstood your first post...but after research, I find drivers for Windows 98 SE/Me/2000/XP only, no Windows CE drivers at all.
 Top of the page
ProzacAddict Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 9:01 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

And if i buy a cf card readeor on pcmcia?It wil work on fex21?I will need drivers for cf reader to?What card readers and wifi pcmcia works under wince?thanks for your responses and time lost with my problem.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-11-16 10:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Most all pcmcia -> cf card adapters work without any drivers...will it work? I don't know...probably, if the operating system supports reading the cards. You never know what parts of the Fex21 operating system might have been removed or disabled by the original owners.

They often do that sort of thing to keep employees from having access to the device and installing their own private applications. There may be nothing wrong with the hardware at all, and it may be the operating system was intentionally crippled.
 Top of the page
ProzacAddict Page Icon Posted 2011-11-17 5:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok then.And if I flash a new copy of wince?standard one for fex21?Can it be done?There are no utility/program under win ce to verify if cf card is disabled?I can't find anything related to cf card on my fex21 control panel.It's just for fun I don't care if it breaks.I will try anything.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-11-18 5:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Flashable ROMs didn't exist in the days of the Fex. OS upgrades were only possible by ROM chip replacement.
 Top of the page
ProzacAddict Page Icon Posted 2011-11-21 1:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok 10x for advice.Now another problem with the batery of fex21.I don't have the original batery so i use from other device but i don't know haw to chrage.Becouse i have + and - connected but fex dosen't look like charging.What more from batery i have to connect to the pins of fex to show the charge?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9