x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-06 2:59 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi I wondered if i could reflash this to wince 5/6.0??? I know I shouldn't post ebay links but I need to know...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270851053206&category=177&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_7401wt_117

Thanks in advance for any help
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-06 6:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

See this thread:

www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16406
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-06 9:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

can I get a windows ce image that doesnt mimic windows xp??
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-07 4:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Are you talking about appearance and sounds? Those are pretty easy to modify - particularly the sound scheme, which can be manipulated in the Control Panel.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-12-14 2:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Unless do you mean you don't want the XP 'theme' style that came with Windows CE 4.x and since as an option like screenshots located here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/microsoft/dot-net/page2.asp

and you wanted something looking like this, the classic CE look: http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/software/microsoft/dot-net/

Or I misunderstand?
And CE Geek, I apologise if that was what you meant as well, just making sure..
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-24 9:20 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I had to do a book report....Now that I am on break again can I use this to reflash it??

http://www.sylvaniacomputers.com/product.php?id_product=41

I just want a yes or no answer...Please!!!
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-24 9:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

If I reflash it with the wrong rom will it hurt/brick the smartbook/hpc??? will I be able to reflash it with the correct rom?

Edited by Thecatmilton 2011-12-24 9:45 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-24 11:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Good question Thecatmillion...but impossible to answer. The problem lies in these rom images...there is no way to know if they contain compatible drivers for the machine you would like to flash it to.

About the only thing a person can really do is contact the seller and ask them for an image. I see that the seller in the link you first posted sells both the Android 2.2 netbook and a Windows CE netbook as well...so maybe he can flash either one...or maybe he just buys them already preconfigured.

So many of these things are exactly the same thing sold under different labels, and so many of them are also nearly identical with very minor differences, yet differences that turn up to be incompatibilities with rom flashes....you can visit numerous netbook sites and see dozens of pleas for help because someone tried to flash an image and ended up either creating a brick, or having a device that loses some function, normally the wifi or the ability to stream video...

That Sylvania flash looks promising...but who knows?
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-24 11:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

so...am i stuck with a android device??? can I backup the existing ROM image in case something goes wrong???
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-25 12:11 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Uh, am I missing something here? The device is a Via VS8650. The Sylvania CE 6 netbook models were WM8505. The Sylvania images are incompatible (though Sylvania does have a VS8650 with Windows Embedded Compact 7). But the image RTFM posted on my linked page is a VS8650 CE 6 image, so it should work.
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-12-25 12:41 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

the main reason i got the sylvania image was to install the youtube app with your modified 8650 image. I just want to thank the hpcfactor community for trying to understand/help me. Happy Holidays everyone!!!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-25 12:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

All the apps (including the YouTube app) are written for ARM processors in general, so they should work with either processor. You can just put the apps you want in the System Disk folder of the ROM flash package before reflashing, or put them in the Flash Disk folder after the reflash is completed.
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 1:13 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can I get a ce 5.0 image for 8650 netbooks? I want to use some older software that will not work with ce 6.0.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 52 - Executed queries : 28