x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Running OperaMini on HPC2000

ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 11:59 AM
#
H/PC Elite

There is a long time that I'm struggling with this awesome browser. I use it everyday on my low-end nokia phone. Even with small hardware it can render webpages very quickly thanks to its proxy-based web browsing. I wish I could run it on one of my little HPC toys. I have a Sigmarion3 and a Jornada 728, both doesn't run OperaMini. With Sigmarion I was abble to run it, and even browse a site, but it hangs just after that. On HPC2000 Opera doesn't even starts, even using redgear...
The weird thing is that it doesn't give any error messages, so I don't know what is wrong... Is anyone here working with OperaMini and HPC2000 too? We can share experiences, and maybe someday make it to work. I would be VERY happy to see it working on my HPC, specially the jornada, because it is small and has my PCMCIA EDGE card to connect to internet anywhere.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 6:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Try this one, Opera mini 5. Worked for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?zc66ugts6tcdbnp
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 7:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Unfortunately, Opera Mini won't work on Jornada because there are some missing function calls, even from RedGear. They would have to be developed before it could work.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 7:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Isotherm, do you have a jornada 72x? What happens when you install OperaMini on it? Does it complain about missing dlls or functions? Because mine doesn't say anything. When I manually use RedGear's dlls, execheck doesn't show any error msg... thats tricky!

Also, we still have the possibility to use the java version of operamini. I tried that on sig3, but didn't manage to get a working jvm for it. Do you know about a good jvm for the jornada that could be able to run operamini?

Solidus, what's the difference between this version you post here and the one in opera.com?
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-12-12 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

None except I believe I had this on my MP900 when I had HPC2000.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-13 3:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

PhoneME is the best Java emulator for this purpose, but it also only works on CE.NET. It can be made to work on CE 4.1 with RedGear, but it takes a lot of effort and a specific version of PhoneME... and I don't recall which one.

Opera Mini installs fine on CE 3.0, but RedGear simply doesn't support some of the calls that Opera Mini uses.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8