x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3com 3crwe737a-e1 128bit wep help on samsung izzi pro 310

jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-15 8:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, i need some help with this card its a 3com 3crwe737a-e1, i have the drivers and i have it installed on the samsung izzi pro 310, but i am unable to get a 128 bit wep connection or even a 40 bit wep connection , seems i need to unlock the card for 128 bit wep to make the card work any help any advice anything please
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-15 8:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you updated the firmware on it?
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-15 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi have tried to update the firmware on a windows xp machine, done the boot disk, and it came up with a error, i did try the card on my xp machine and the wireless worked fine using the 128 wep, but it doesnt seem to work on the samsung, the izzy sees the card and and i can make changes to settings but just wont work unless i unlock the 128 bit wep?????
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 10:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Sounds like it has 128 firmware then. Have you followed the wireless troubleshooting guide?
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thats what i thought, but when under wince2.11 its stuck it 40 bit encrption, if go in to the airo utils it says encrption 40 bit, and there is anther icon which says enable 128 bit, so i gowa to that part and it then asks for unlock code!!!!!, from what iam getting the first three of the code has to be 4 lettters and then 14 numbers ,strange,i havent tried any wireless troubleshooting guide, this the second adapter i brought for the izzi,the first one was an orinoco silver, whicn i installed the software for that it got stuck at the installing after transfer from the activesync, i would there for 2 hours,so that one has gone now, just wondering would the Belkin F5D6020 802.11b card work on the izzi? who knows
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 2:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

According to the HCL, that card works with the Orinoco reference drivers, so try using a different driver. Please go through the troubleshooting guide as all I'm doing it havign to type bits of it out for you.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 3:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support

The Belkin card should work. It's Prism-based, but I don't know if it will work using the Prism reference driver. Belkin has its own version of the Prism driver, which is on the CD that comes with the card.
 Top of the page
jcstuckinmuck Page Icon Posted 2011-12-16 7:11 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok thanks for that info c:Amie, i shall have a look in troubleshooting guide and go step by step again, and and thanks for that Ce geek i might give that a try and see how i get on, might get luck this time, does any body know what drivers work on the usb port for a mouse and usb stick? cant find much info on it at all.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9