x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Function keys (F1, F2,...) mapped on WinCE

[Frozen]
Frozen
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-28 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi friends,

I'm using OperaMini on my SigmarionIII and it's great! Unfortunately, it has some incompatibility with Sig3's touch.dll so that touchscreen doesn't work once I'm connected to internet and browsing using OperaMini. But at least I can use the arrow keys to navigate and enter to visit a link. But the menus are inaccessible because I must either touch them or press the magical F1 and F2 keys on the keyboard to access them. On my WinCE6.0 netbook, it works perfectly, but my Sig3 doesn't have F1 and F2 keys on its keyboard...
Is there a way to map these keys to another key? I tried using okey (I already use it from a long time to write Portuguese characters), but it seems to map key combinations to ASCII table characters only.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-12-30 1:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

so... should I give up on this?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-12-30 3:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I don't have a Sig III to try any onscreen keyboard or key remapping programs on...so what might work on my Mobilepro may not work on your Sig III because this is definitely a hardware thing...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-12-31 2:57 AM
#
H/PC Elite

On the Mobilepro, you can specify that you want the top row to be function keys instead of application launchers. This is a feature of that ROM. Some kind of key remapper is probably what you need, short of writing something yourself. Something like Okey or similar.
 Top of the page
indstr Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 9:04 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I may be a little late to respond, but it's definitely possible to map these keys using AutohotkeyCE. I did it on my Mobilepro to get F11, F12, Ins, and others...

More info here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16542&po...
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10