x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help setting proxim wlan card

1 2
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 1:28 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi to everybody
i've bought a proxym harmony wlan card with my jornada on ebay... the seller had sent me the driver... but in the jornata a driver for proxim already exist... so if i try to put my driver in the windows folder as suggested by the readme-file windows says that i cannot overwrite the driver because i've no permission...
aniway the driver of jornada seems to work because recognizes te card when connected but the drivers are different for dimension.

i've tried to open the manager of wlancard but he don't see any of the wlan recognized by my laptop...
any suggestion?

Edited by meolo2002 2012-01-10 1:53 PM
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 4:15 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The card is a Pc-card 7430, i've noticed that is not included in the list of compatible hardware... so i can add it if it works...
i noticed that the driver sent by the seller seems to be for SH3... so ... i think will be fine if i don't try to install it anymore... :-D
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 4:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

What model of Jornada are you trying to install the driver on? The old CE2.0 drivers are for MIPS and SH3 only.

The newer drivers on the Proxim website for CE 2.11 and CE 2.12 are listed as follows:

MI2-0PB1.EXE contains the PROXIM.DLL driver file for the MIPS processor and the PROXIM.DLL file is 84,837 bytes in size.
S32-0PB1.EXE contains the PROXIM.DLL driver file for the SH3 processor and the PROXIM.DLL file is 63,842 bytes in size.
S42-0PB1.EXE contains the PROXIM.DLL driver file for the SH4 processor and the PROXIM.DLL file is 63,842 bytes in size.
SA2-0PB1.EXE contains the PROXIM.DLL driver file for the SA-1100 processor and the PROXIM.DLL file is 66,405 bytes in size.

And there is a pocketpc driver for CE 3.0 titled CF_IPAQ_PC_22B8P.ZIP which would probably work with the J720, but I imagine the CE 2.11 drivers would work as well, if not better as they are designed for HPC Pro.

The link to the page you would need (you have to register first) is HERE.
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 8:46 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i've a 720... but there's just a working driver inside my jornada! it seems to recognize the hardware when connected... i suppose that is working.. i've to do some test on my home connection... anyway... thanks for the link... but how can overwrite the existing driver?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-10 8:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Normally files will just overwrite existing files unless they are actively running in the background. In any case, use Total Commander. It will normally overwrite files you copy through its interface regardless.
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 9:40 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok with total commander i was able to overwrite the file ;-) but the driver from proxim site (those one for compaq) doesn't work..
I'll try with those sent by seller..
anyway... the built-in driver seemed to work... when i put che card appear the icon in the taskbar that let me to configure the card (even if it's very slow)...
probably there's a problem of settings... i've seen several tutorial about it... and always they tell of changing the settings on router... i'll do this as soon as possible, but it seems strange that the device don't see any master...
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 11:53 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Another problem is that some .dll are required, as written in the installation guide... But they came with ce 2.0 sp1 and NSP, both seems to work only on mips and sh3 aren't they?

Attachments
----------------
Attachments README.TXT (5KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 12:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Some devices with CE2 didn't have the necessary .dll for the wifi card, hence you had to add it from some other source. By the time CE2.11 carme around, they were pretty much standard parts of the OS.
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-11 8:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

i've checked my drivers and the only two that i need are

Arp.dll
Network.cpl

but i don't know where i coul find them....
i haven't any cd of wince ad i can't find any resource about it..

i was thinking about extract them from win for handheld sp1 or network service pack, but i've found them on this site only for mips and sh3... so i immagine that they don't works on arm

anyone could check if has this drivers on his handheld?
Thanks guys
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-01-31 2:40 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

The seller have sent me another proxim 7430... and both doesn't work

so i've to find a way to make to work this s***t
in te last reply i was making some mistake... in particular about drivers...
handheld 2000 should have the driver inside because introduced with ce 2.11
i should check if those cards works on some laptop...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-02-01 7:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I know the 8430 works in H/PC 2000, since it comes installed in the Brainium DreamMax 700 and works fine on that device. But I don't believe that the driver is natively on the Jornada 720. Instead of going through all these contortions, try installing the Agere reference driver and see if it works:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 5:12 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

CE Geek - 2012-02-01 7:34 AM

I know the 8430 works in H/PC 2000, since it comes installed in the Brainium DreamMax 700 and works fine on that device. But I don't believe that the driver is natively on the Jornada 720. Instead of going through all these contortions, try installing the Agere reference driver and see if it works:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0031.asp

In the rom of jornada 720 there's this driver
2.0-pb1
when i put the card in the driver recognizes the device so i've supposed were the correct driver...
i'll check the drivero of the seller again.. and then your application.. thank you very much
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 6:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

could suggest me a seriuous ping utility? i've tried ceping but seems to be a hoax :-)
it pings my router even if i remove the w-card
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 8:46 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 11:21 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

nothing to do..
i've tried to install aegere as suggested... but i'm only able to install the sr of wince 3.0... if i try to instal the aegere arm720.cab on my handheld it says that "cannot run on this device type"
anyway... with is appeared a new tools for setting access point on wlan... setted but nothing is changed
i've tried to ping the router but doesn't ping..
i'll try to solve the problem with aegere.. then if nothing changes i'm going to sell this cards and buy a working one,,
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 18