x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What is happening - Xircom Ethernet

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 10:37 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I got my Xircom 10/100 CreditCard Ethernet PC card in the mail and downloaded the driver from the repository. I used the driver the readme file said to use for my device (Intermec 6651 HPC2000 MIPS R3000) and the cab file installed with no warnings or errors. It started the config for the driver and I selected DHCP. Then I turned off auto-dialing on PIE and the internet wasn't working. I set up the "Simple Internet Connection" with DHCP enabled and then tried PIE. It started to load Bing and got half way but then stopped or was taking a long time so I exited. After that it wouldn't load anything that much again. I could not get on the internet at all. I went to find the control panel applet for the card but my control panel was a white screen. It wasn't not loading or anything, just a white screen. I exited and my desktop icons had all disappeared, only the text was left. The start menu icons and all the icons in Explorer were gone too, just the text was there. The control panel was still white. I soft reset. Everything looked normal, but when I tried to get to the control panel, blank again and the icons all disappeared. I can no longer use control panel or the internet and want to know if there is anything I can do to the registry that will either uninstall the driver or fix the problem. Maybe the applet crashed the control panel screen? I hope I can get this card to work and not break the computer...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 10:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Most uninstall programs are loaded into the Windows folder...so you should be able to find the uninstall there and run it. Of course a hard reset always cleans everything up too.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 10:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Oh, forgot to say when I go to the folder for the driver in the Windows folder it is blank too...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 1:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, if it will Activesync with your desktop, you can always manually edit the registry with the desktop CERegEdit program...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 2:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

My money would be on RAM corruption somwhere caused by the shock of using a (presumably) 5v card on a weak power system.

The only thing that I can think of that could cause the shell to malfunction under normal circumstances would be if it replaced an OS C++ library (like mscommctrl) with a bad version. Though I suspect that we'd have heard about this on MIPS3000 before if it were the case.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the input. I'll try uninstalling the driver using ActiveSync and if that doesn't work or doesn't fix it I'll hard reset and make sure to be plugged in next time I use the card.
 Top of the page
jorgea Page Icon Posted 2012-03-13 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I would advise resetting your system. This ought make it work right.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10