x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Back in the days of Windows XP when I did not have a serial cable for my Ericsson, to install drivers and applications I used to extract the CAB files from the executable setup file onto a Compact Flash which I would then stick in my HPC to install.

Nowadays I can only use CAB files directly off the web as I have abandoned Windows XP and I don't have any means of access to it. If I did get it installed on my current laptop or any other PC I would have to imagine all the updates I would have to get through to get up to date!

So maybe, while there are still members on HPC:Factor on here that have XP or earlier on at least one of their machines, and can extract the CAB files from the setup files and stick them on this site as a separate identity for users like me who don't have such a luxury. It would really lure at least some of us back.

Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 8:09 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We do it for drivers, but I'm not paying to run a software distribution site and current donations don't pay for the bandwidth that is used.

I seem to recall suggesting to you before that you just install XP mode or Virtual PC for Windows 7 and use your own XP license.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 8:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Almost every file on "MyMobilepro" in the downloads section is in cab format just for this reason. Sorry SH3/SH4 people, I only have MIPS and ARM stuff posted.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-13 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I mean just for drivers.

EDIT: It's already there! I just need to download the zip with the 'inflated' tag on it.

Edited by Paspie 2012-02-13 9:21 PM
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Actually, here is one pretty important software update for CE 2.0 users that is not available as CABS:

Handheld PC 2.0 Service Pack 1

The accompanying Network Service Pack is available in CABS, so if this little break in the chain could be sorted out I'd be very grateful.
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Elite

EDIT: Forget about the above post, I have found a way to extract the CABS from the setup.exe without actually launching the Microsoft Installer. I found an awesome little application called Universal Extractor and it works fine.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-02-15 8:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

7Zip and WinRar will do it too
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8