x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best wlan card for Jornada 720

1 2
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 9:26 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi to everybody!
Tired for buying incompatible device,after several failures with aironet 350, i would ask you which are the best wlan card for Jornada 720 (100% compatibility or built in drivers)

I've read that aironet 340 is pretty good and maybe i'll search for this..
But i want other choices.

Thank you
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 1:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Any of the Classic Orinoco Gold cards from the Lucent or the Proxim eras will work, also many cards that use the Proxim 2.5 chipset. Of these the Senao NL-2511 EXT2 is a top drawer as it supports external antennas and has superb range. The Netgear MA401 is also pretty respectable and is quite easy to find. Drivers for these are available at the HPC: Factor Hardware Compatibility List.

Edited by Paspie 2012-03-06 1:50 PM
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 2:19 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I've had problems with proxim... in particular i've tho 7430 that came with the jornada... but didn't work on j720
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 4:02 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Could this
this one work for me?
It has a good price
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 5:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Great card, same as the 2 Wire pc card...should work fine, even using the Agere Reference drivers....
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-06 9:11 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok thanks... i'll try this
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 4:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Paspie - 2012-03-06 5:48 AM

Any of the Classic Orinoco Gold cards from the Lucent or the Proxim eras will work

The Proxim ORiNOCO is a bit iffy - I've always recommended the older Agere (and Lucent) versions (like the one meolo2002 linked above).

Paspie - 2012-03-06 5:48 AM

also many cards that use the Proxim 2.5 chipset. Of these the Senao NL-2511 EXT2 is a top drawer as it supports external antennas and has superb range. The Netgear MA401 is also pretty respectable and is quite easy to find. Drivers for these are available at the HPC: Factor Hardware Compatibility List.

You mean Prism in this case, not Proxim.
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 9:51 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Ok
thank to everybody.... i'm going to buy the orinoco... i hope this will be the the good one
 Top of the page
bluemidget666 Page Icon Posted 2012-04-03 8:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello

I am new to this so hello every one.

I am looking for some advice, I have just bought a HP J720 and a VeriFone WL-672 wifi card. I can not get any of the drivers that came with it to work but did find that the ISLĀ£PRDSUIT-EXE_WINCE211(1-7-37) drivers from this site did , but the wep key is settings do not work with my wifi Can anyon epoint me in the right direction for Drivers that work .

Thank you for any help
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-04-03 9:30 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi!! welcome to this forum...
the best way for checking the compatibility of the hardware is to go on "hardware compatibility list and check if the model of your hardware is compatible with your so/device
your card is not listed in HCL so probably doesn't work and in anycase it will be difficult find some help....
try to search in forum if exist some thread about it
 Top of the page
andysgenie Page Icon Posted 2012-04-04 9:55 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi all

I have a nokia d211 gprs / wifi card which works great on gprs but I can't get it to connect on wifi to a hotspot like in mc donalds or burger king ( don't eat there as a rule but free wifi is worth a coffee !) I don't have wifi at home I just use the gprs
Have a d311 to but no luck with that either
Any ideas ?

I'm using a jornada 720

Edited by andysgenie 2012-04-04 9:56 PM
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-04-05 8:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I've bought this card! i've not tested it yeb but...
I hope it will work....
try to check it by some friend with wifi and wep protection
anyway in these days i'll can tell you something about it
 Top of the page
andysgenie Page Icon Posted 2012-04-05 9:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

great hope you get it to work as mine. Swiches between searching and connecting but never actually connects event to an open network like the hotspots mentioned above
 Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-04-05 12:10 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Actually I have one compact flash wifi card called verifone wl-672 with the cmonex prismnds driver. I have tested it with nec mobilepro 900c and laptop and it works perfectly and is better than the computer wifi since it receives signals from a further position compared to the laptops built in wifi. It has the latest firmware preinstalled (prism 2.5 latest as I can recall) so no flashing is required.

Highly recommended and can be found new from china. The cd drivers however are not the latest and there was no jornada 720 driver found on the cd.
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-04-05 1:34 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

violantos - 2012-04-05 12:10 PM

Actually I have one compact flash wifi card called verifone wl-672 with the cmonex prismnds driver. I have tested it with nec mobilepro 900c and laptop and it works perfectly and is better than the computer wifi since it receives signals from a further position compared to the laptops built in wifi. It has the latest firmware preinstalled (prism 2.5 latest as I can recall) so no flashing is required.

Highly recommended and can be found new from china. The cd drivers however are not the latest and there was no jornada 720 driver found on the cd.

i've had bad experiences with with wlan card
tested:
proxim 7430 (drivers doesn't works): sent by who had sold me the jornada but never found a working driver 2X
aironet 352 (tried any possible combination of driver/firmware not working) 1X
orinoco gold (sent broken (no lights blinking)) 1X

the last one is the nokia (in progress)

if the card didn't tested on jornada with success i'd not recomend to use it

Again, i iimagine surfing without memory card shouldn't the best

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13