x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sylvania Netbook Bricked?!

[Frozen]
Frozen
billbraskyisgod Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 3:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am wondering if anyone can help me here... I bought a Sylvania SYNET7-WID netbook running Windows CE on Ebay. I found an Android flash that said it would work on the chipset in this netbook. But, after installing it, I bricked the thing. Now, when I turn it on the power light comes on, but the screen stays blank and nothing happens. Re-flashing it with Windows CE doesn't work, it won't boot from the SD card either. Any suggestions to unbrick it and put Windows CE back on it would be appreciated.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 3:23 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I had the same exact problem happen to me. I had tried numerous Android builds to attempt flashing, but only this one: http://www.cheap-hack.com/home/en/computer-science/wm8505/guida-wm8...

seemed to work for me without the problem you described. I too was afraid I bricked the device. I had tried the 'UNGoogle_0.3.7_wm8505_V2_mod.zip' one listed, and that worked for me. You may have to turn it completely off and then try reflashing. I assume you're familiar about the script directory, and the like?

I know you wanted to get back to CE, but this is what I've personally done with my Sylvania 7" netbook. I've flashed to Android, but not from Android back to CE. Perhaps someone else can chime in on that aspect.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Silly question, but are your CE 6 files on a FAT32 formatted SD card and you put the card in while the unit was powered off?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 3:36 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Also, what capacity SD card? My Sylvania is iffy on SDHC cards (even though Sylavnia 'claims' it works with up to 8GB). The 2GB I put it in works perfectly though.
 Top of the page
billbraskyisgod Page Icon Posted 2012-03-07 4:00 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Yeah, it's a 1GB FAT32 SD card, put in while the netbook was off. I also tried using a 256MB FAT32 card.
 Top of the page
Run_Length_limited Page Icon Posted 2012-07-20 9:08 PM
#
Avatar image of Run_Length_limited
H/PC Newbie

Don't give up hope, I was able to unbrick mine with the image called "youtubefix.zip" from the Sylvania website.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11