x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Dissembling HP320 LX case

HPfan Page Icon Posted 2012-03-18 1:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello fellow CE users, I have acquired a ERICSSON MC12, A.K.A badge-engineered HP320LX I guess. I have managed to undo the display case, per instructions found on the web. but the main case does not seem to have any screws anywhere. Rather than break it, is there an unlatch.unclip process to open it? Or can anyone guide me to a web-page that shows this. Much regards etc. martin
 Top of the page
HPfan Page Icon Posted 2012-03-19 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Aha, me again. well, if you are dissembling a HP320LX to see what's wrong.. .. It seems my aquisition, is about 15 years old. so its not valuable, so...Ericsson MC12, case, I undid the two screws in the battery section, then 'poped' the case all round off using ONLY my FINGENAIL, so's not to danage the clasps. After removing the main board (2 screws on left. , clips , and 2 connectors): , display on top and kbd underneath (very tricky connector to get back in. ) and cleaning contacts the It seems there are three screws holding the kbd, but they are under the stick-on kbt cover on top. so with a scalpel or razor, CAREFULY peel back to get at the screws. It can come off in one piece, you could yuse a gente heat from a room heater to assist. photos to follow soon.
 Top of the page
HPfan Page Icon Posted 2012-03-20 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Aha! me once again. If anybody out there has info on getting a HP320 LX / ERICSSON MC-12 going ? Iv'e got as far as starting it. getting sometimes the stylus alignment. but it wont often leave the page, just returns to it after align is completed. Then sometimes it will set clock/date, sometimes it goes a bit further.. then on restart, it has reset and goes back to stylus align, and wont exit from that. Sometimes I get the main menu of icons. Any help on how to progress would be gratefully accepted: sometimes the screen goes blank, I thing the power is on, but is drawn off by the psu from the display.....
NEW: the JORNADA 720 reset S , also works on this machine so its on HP320LX ERICSSON MC-12
Martin Macrae
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-03-21 7:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support
 Top of the page
HPfan Page Icon Posted 2012-03-23 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Completed disassembly of the ERICSSON MC-12 and documented on web-page :