x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP900 and Cisco Aironet 350 regarding Uverse.

Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 2:56 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Just recently had Uverse cable and internet installed and I'm now having trouble connecting... surprise surprise.. I had DSL for years and never had a problem but with DSL you never had to enter a wireless network key and I had a Linksys router, which you don't need with Uverse. I see my Uverse connection on my preferred connections list but when i try to connect to it I get no prompt for the network key like on my Toshiba with Windows 7 or my custom desktop with xp sp3 which both connect without a hitch. With all the advances in wireless I'm quite out of date running an 802.11b card with a mobilepro and my first thought was that I was just out of range, after I tried connecting literally on top of my Uverse box which doubles as a router, I found this was not the issue. Has anyone had any problems with Uverse and hpc's regarding this network key entry as I'm sure this would have the same effect on the Jordana and the like HPC's running any version of CE from 4.2 and down that require a wirless card.

NEC mobilepro 900 (upgraded rom 4.2.net)
Cisco Aironet 350
Sandisk 64mb cf card
Recently installed programs- Winwatch, Redgear, GAPI, Opera Mini 5.1(Looks great! But I can't use it right now!)
Main function- PDF/E-reader and writing (love that tiny keyboard.)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 7:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Your AP is probably set to WPA mode, this isn't supported by CE so you would need to set it down to WEP.
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2012-03-29 9:03 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thank you times a thousand! Process was so easy a cave man could do it.
Here's a link on how to do this for anyone else! Apparently the nintendo ds has this very problem, and I can imagine there's more where that came from.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110206101301AADjWb0
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2012-03-30 3:26 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Port forwarding with my almost broken uverse router is a NIGHTMARE!
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2012-03-30 4:13 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I am seemingly adding a new con to the list every day with Uverse, everything from the install or lack there of, and faulty/aged equipment. I went through 3 cable boxes that constantly malfunctioned and threatened to drop them before they sent me their "latest model" which had welllll over 10 times the DVR space... Questionable all the way around.. No manuals for anything and God awful bandwidth, I could not imagine paying $200+ a month for premium or u400 for a tech support guy to give you excuses, it's happened at least 5 times, "We're a growing company" HAH... not with this crap your not. Any good review you've heard was most likely planted by their awesome staff. #thingofthepast
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 27