x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What did Windows CE 2.0 not like about this CF card?

aab Page Icon Posted 2012-03-30 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

When I put a CF card I use in my Jornada 720 in my new Casio A-20, Windows asked to format it. I tried it in my HP 360LX, again it asked to format it.

I check the format on my desktop and it's FAT which should have worked. So I backed up the card, format it to FAT again on my desktop, and still CE 2.0 asks to format it, so I let Windows CE 2.0 format it and put it back in my desktop and still it shows FAT.

It works now, but what exactly did CE 2.0 not like about this card so I can avoid the problem in the future?

Thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-03-30 4:47 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows CE 2.0

I've had this issue with at least one of my CE 2.0 H/PCs (as well as my CE 2.01 Philips Nino 300 Palm-size PC), but I've never figured out what the issue is. I'm a techno-idiot, but I'm guessing something's different in the boot sector (represented by the small amount of data reported from a freshly-formatted volume). There were several versions of FAT16 over the years.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 28