x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SOLDERING JORNADA 728

violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-04-19 9:11 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello,

I have undertaken an upgrade of a vgc French Jornada 710. I have used the motherboard and rom from an old Jornada 728 thus now the ex French Jornada 710 is now an English Jornada 728 with the shell of a 710 but with a modem and 64mb ram. The jornada 710 motherboard does not have a modem slot on it that is why I undertook this upgrade, otherwise just the rom/ram memory upgrade would have suffice.

During the upgrade the part behind the first media player button + has been desoldered. I personally have never used those buttons before as the jornada sound can also be adjusted with the pen. However I am considering whether or not I should carry out the soldering. The desoldered part is very tiny with 4 soldering points and for sure I cannot get the solder

Do you think I should undertake this surgery on the jornada in order to make it as good as new and take the risk of bricking the device?

Do you think those 3 media buttons +-play are important??

Top of the page
violantos Page Icon Posted 2012-04-20 5:57 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

sorry .... I cannot get easily to solder under the part and at 4 points.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8