x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for a map program (Handheld 2000)

meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-04-30 6:03 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi to everybody
i'm looking for a program that allows to creating maps from pictures
Making an example i've to create a digital map from a screen of google map or a scansion from a trekking map...
In debian this kind of software exist (i've tried some in ubuntu)
there's something similar for J720?
Thanks
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-04-30 7:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

OziExplorer for the desktop will do that, then you can use the finished imported map with OziExplorerCE on your J720. Also Pocket Map Viewer will allow you to view map files on your Jornada too. In the screenshots below you see OziExplorer on top. You have to convert using the desktop program first though before you can view the maps on your HPC.

In the middle screenshot you see PocketMapViewer using a standard Garmin map image file. Again you would have to convert your Google maps or Trekking maps using the Garmap desktop software into a Garmin map compatible file.

Of course you know there is already a Google maps application that runs on some HPCs, or you can simply use the web browser and capture the Google Map image and view it on the built in image viewers...or using one of the dozens of graphic programs for viewing...like I did on the bottom screenshot. There is even an HPC version of Google Earth for the CE.NET devices that runs well.

(oziexplorer.jpg)

(pocketmapviewer.jpg)

(simplescreencapture.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments oziexplorer.jpg (21KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments pocketmapviewer.jpg (179KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments simplescreencapture.jpg (76KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-05-01 9:23 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thank you Rich for the reply ;-)
The best seems to be pocketmapwiewer...
One thing i forgot to explain is that the created map has to be a scale plan... so the pictura has to be resized.... (pocket map seem to show the scale)
the other is the global coordinates position but i don't know if it's possible to set them on a handmade map... I'll do some test
 Top of the page
meolo2002 Page Icon Posted 2012-06-27 9:05 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

delusion... i've installed 2 version of oziexplorer on j720 but both doesn't work... at first an icon appears... but no windows opens..
probably a memory issue isn't it?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10