x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 900 net4.2 lil' big problem

doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2012-06-03 11:56 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

hi yo all folks, so i bought a nec 900 with updatet rom to 4.2, and what is my problem, i still need to recalibrate screen all time, always when turn on nec, when put pcmcia any cards, CF cards, installind new progs, and aufully with reseting device, connecting with internet, and after reset all icons from desktop going to left corner. backup baterry is o.k. new one. any body can know what is this problem? net4.2 is good system and nec CPU, but with this problem like for me BIG i prefer still J7xx is better
my second problem is that screen doesn't feal/work a "touch screen", the pen not works, so only keyboard works, nec hangs up for a many seconds. is this a hardware problem or this is sh...?
so thanks for answer

Edited by doggystyle 2012-06-03 11:57 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-06-04 12:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So hard to say when you buy a used computer...could be so many different problems.

You might try reflashing the unit back to HPC2000 and see what happens.

The screen recalibration is a problem others have reported, normally because the tolerances of the bezel and the touchscreen are really close. This normally requires removing the bezel, cleaning underneath and reassembling the device. THe other common cause is a poor ribbon connection under the right hinge of the lcd to the motherboard. This is much easier to check and fix.

While my 900C works perfectly, I too notice a difference in the feel of the touchscreen over my old Mobilepro 790. It is not as responsive as the older MIPS machine. I believe this is due to differences in construction technique of the digitizer. I've replaced the 900 digitizer with one from an old MP780 and the response was much much better.

There could always be other problems...but it is hard to say...you never know how the previous owner used it, or where he/she got it from...could have had several owners over the years.
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2012-06-04 10:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank's for answer, its too much work and time to do that from 780 to 900. .. poland is hard country to find good hardware :/ but sounds nice and i had this problem with my jornada but max 2-3 times after reseting and installing, inserting etc etc & works wonderfully almost a year with little calibrating - not that BIG like in nec. so i squezze very from jornada and i happy from her, and comes time for nec, newer sys, but this recalibrating is boring. o.k. i try to backup to 3.0 to work on ori system and flash to 4.2. i hope it will work
Thanks again.

Edited by doggystyle 2012-06-04 10:48 PM
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2012-06-09 10:51 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

aaanddd how can i back to previous system????
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-06-09 11:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Go to the device support area of this website and download the rom flash images...you can then go back and forth between CE 4.2 and 3.0
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28