x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Touchscreen on NBP

Keyboardinator Page Icon Posted 2012-06-23 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Psion Netbook Pro is my first Win CE device (secondhand, but it've been working properly for months). Unfortunately, the touchscreen sometimes switches off. I can work with an external mouse, but this is not a proper handheld style .

I've tried hard reset and screen recalibration after <Ctrl>-D-<Esc> and got nowhere. This is certainly a hardware problem. Pressing the body of the device (at the place where the logo is and almost anywhere else) did not help either. Or rather, sometimes it did help, but then the touchscreen switched off after several minutes of work (fortunately, WordPad has keyboard shortcuts, so my work wasn't lost).

Is there some way to fix the problem? Specifically, can anybody give me a link to a manual on NBP servicing and repair (I have only a user manual)?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2012-06-25 12:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Sounds like it's one of two things:
- a simple connector problem
- a broken touchscreen matrix/internal connector

I think you might well find a teardown of the NBP on the web, so you should see what goes into 1... The second option is probably more troublesome and will require a replacement touchscreen component
 Top of the page
Keyboardinator Page Icon Posted 2012-07-27 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for your advice.
I found no teardown on the net, but it turned out to be intuitively clear. Well, NBP works now, although nobody knows how it will decide to behave tomorrow .

Edited by Keyboardinator 2012-07-27 11:07 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9