x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nec Mobilepro 900C and Redgear

ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-18 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Elite

As an addictive jornada user for a long time, I always used Redgear (actually I even bought it at the time it was still being sold). But now I bought a nec mp900c to try and Im quite liking the machine a lot. The first thing I did was update the ROM with the moddified cmonex rom v2. My question is if I should install Redgear on it even using this moddified ROM. I still didn't find any software that is not running on my mobilepro, but if Redgear can help with something and will not mess up the dlls cmonex put on her rom, then I should give it a try. Is there anyone with cmonex rom and redgear installed?

thanks
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2012-08-18 7:56 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My recollection is that you can't run Redgear on the cmonex rom...but I could be wrong.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-21 12:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The problem is that Opera 8.65 doesn't run on native cmonex dlls. It needs RedGear. Im afraid of installing redgear and messing up all my system. Did anybody try that before?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-21 1:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Not me...I use Opera Mini...
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-22 4:05 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I use opera mini a lot too, but there are some (few) sites that doesnt open properly with opera mini but works with the opera mobile. Mostly the problem is with sites that needs a refresh during autentication (for example my college website at the students restricted area). Also, I use okey to allow me to write portuguese using marks, but if I try to use Opera Mini, I must disable okey first, so I cant write emails or portuguese messages with opera mini because of ponctuation and marks.
Also, there are some times that I want to visit the full website instead of the mobile version, and I cant do that using opera mini...

Edited by ntware 2012-08-22 4:07 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-22 12:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well installing and running Redgear is a simple thing, and uninstalling is also simple, so I don't think you will have any problems there...give it a try...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 8