x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-04 3:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Don't worry, my screen is well. It's just ugly, that's all

I was playing with YameCE, with WinCESoft's GAPI. All the NES and Gameboy titles played so smoothly on my 728 But the screen just has really bad refresh; everything that moves leaves a long trail of ghost images behind.

Just wondering, since replacement screens are so easy to find for Palms and PPCs, are they available for H/PCs? And hopefully look better?

The Jornada screen is almost exactly the size (and exactly the resolution) of two 3.5" PPC screens, so isn't it possible to manufacture something like that? I know it's a big dream, but hey you never know
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2004-11-04 5:59 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

It's absolutely possible for a manufacturer to make a replacement screen, however I would personally consider it extremely unlikely.

There simply isn't the market to make it worth their while investing R&D dollars in this platform.

As an aside, you can't just stitch two panels together - the control logic would be horrendous.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 2:21 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well I know you can't just stitch two together

I was thinking more like, if someone is already making screens for various PDAs, it wouldn't cost them that much to develope another flavour for the Jornada. Or maybe it would... I don't know

You know, a third party used to make frontlid LCDs for the Gameboy Advance (the one that didn't have light). They sold it as a do-it-yourself kit, and my friend got one. It was called the AfterBurner. But of course it was a much bigger market.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-11-06 7:25 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've completly forgotten who it was now... anyway I was asked this question some time back and spent a fair bit of time talking with the individual on it.
He eventually found a screen from a manufacturer on eBay, it was a tad higher and just the right width.

Alas the device broke before he could test it
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8