x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Searching for PalmGB full version

brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2012-08-22 12:17 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello! nice forum! kinda new to Windows CE although I did own a Pharos smartphone with Windows Mobile 6.5 a while back.

I recently obtained a Casio Cassiopeia A-11 (4MB) CE 1.0. I successfully sent PalmGB and some games over infrared and they play great!

The demo setup is easily found on Google but I can't for the life of me find the full version or any way to purchase it. I can't find a way to enter the serial in the application so I figure the full version is a separate installer?... If anyone can give me any info that would make my day. Been searching archive.org left and right too.

I really like this device, always been wanting them since new.

Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-08-22 12:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

You're like me. First time I saw it was in an old Palm Computing magazine and I just thought "wow". I bought one last year and it's been displayed with all my other palmtop computers.

I'm trying to find an email for you to ask the author if he'd be willing to release it to the public free of charge seeing it's rather outdated. Here's a backup of the site. (Note some links may not function)
http://web.archive.org/web/20000817082719/http://www.eskimo.com/~ha...

Found his email, but this is a twelve to thirteen year old address so it may not work: hayes@eskimo.com

Here's a later backup of his website:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010924011020/http://revolution.cx/

I also found a more recent email address: support@revolution.cx

Hope this helps.

Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 12:15 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately these emails are wiped out. Hopefully the person is still doing some computer related thing, maybe has a new website. It would be a great help if someone knew his name too! I'll keep looking in the meanwhile.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Seems like the author's name is Hayes Haugen.
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 12:26 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The Hayes Haugen that is on LinkedIn certainly could be the same guy.

From his public profile: Thinker, Decider and Executor - Revolutionary Software Front, June 1997 – August 2011 (14 years 3 months). Produced award-winning consumer software for mobile devices, including Lextionary and Lexipedia. Developed a mobile graphics API that was licensed to Microsoft to form their Gaming API (GAPI) for Pocket PC and Windows Mobile. Started the trend of porting Doom to handheld devices.

Edited by hmascience 2012-08-23 12:27 PM
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 8:09 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I joined LinkedIn but it still wouldn't let me message him. It wanted me to pay for more features... Hmm
 Top of the page
F00FC7C8 Page Icon Posted 2022-05-16 2:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello guys, I know this thread is almost 10 years old, but I found some working credentials for PALMGB full version (actually I tried just version 2), but I don't know if posting that it's against some rules of the forum..if an admin/mod allow me, I'll post them here and eventually in the comment section of each version.

Edited by F00FC7C8 2022-05-16 2:06 AM
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2022-10-01 6:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well I think it would be interesting, IMO the author is not interested in this project anymore, so I think this won't hurt anybody if someone uploads his work for conservation purpose.

However, only the admins can decide if this can be uploaded or not, so we have to wait.

See you later.

M.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-01 6:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I found his twitter account and tried messaging him but I didn’t hear back. I tried ! Aha.
 Top of the page
LordEmilio Page Icon Posted 2022-10-04 8:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yup... It often happens when a creator has an old account, and doesn't update it.

So they will often not read the messages. It has already happened that some of them answered to me however.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2022-10-05 12:25 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Do tell! I’d be interested in seeing if we could add more software to the SCL wherever possible!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 30