x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

socket bluetooth cf card .net drivers

1 2
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 11:39 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Recently I bought a socket bluetooth card model 8510-00159g and now Im trying to make it works on my cmonex v2 mobilepro. The cd that came with it only had drivers for wince 2.11 , wince 3 (hpc2000) and ppc 2002/2003se. I looked for some information on hcl, and found 3 different socket bluetooth cf cards. All of them are reported to work on the wince .net 4.2, but hcl doesnt have the driver for my model, it only has for the other 2. The socket website doesnt have drivers for wince at all, it only has for pocketpcs. So I tried without success the hpc2000 and even the pocketpc drivers. The card refuses to work. Interestingly is that even before installing any driver, when I put the card, wince didnt complain about a driver for it. I even thought that cmonex rom already has the driver built in, but the system didnt show anything about it, and after trying to install the driver (hpc2000 one) the bluetooth app didnt recognized my card. Do you guys know if its possible to use this card on ce .net 4.2? Whats the chipset of this card? Is there a chance of any other driver from another card work with it?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Just confirming that this card works with my jornada 720 with the provided drivers. Im typing this message on it right now while its paired with my nokia 5110 phone on my pocket!
The setup was really simple, just installed the main software and asked it to bond with my phone. Then I created a new dialup connection selecting my phone as the "modem" and typed the number to connect (which is *99***1#) and SHAZAM! Im online.
I wish I could do the same with my mp900 as it has a way better browser and lots of resources.

PS: the connection is reaaally fast, way faster than using my old EDGE Sony GC85 card. I didnt tried to download anything yet, but as soon as I do it I will post the results.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 5:19 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do we have the drivers that you used in the HCL? If not, would you be willing to make them available so that I can get them added?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Yes, I do have them for hpc2000. As soon as I get home, I will post a link with the driver so that you can make it available in the HCL. Now in looking for the wince .net 4.2 driver. Im thinking about writing an email to socket and see if they can help me. If only I could know the chipset of this card I would try to search for alternative drivers
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 7:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well one thing for sure...your Nokia is about as old as the HPCs you are trying to use with it...

I didn't know phones that old had bluetooth built into them...
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 8:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry, I typed that wrong. My phone is old, but not THAT old... heheh! Actually is a Nokia 5310 xpress music. In my opinion this was the best phone nokia ever made. It is incredibly small, you can barely fell it in your pocket (I even swimm once with this on my pocket and it is STILL WORKING), it has great MP3 support, and also I can browse the web using Opera Mini on its tiny little screen. Of course its way better to browse on a "big" jornada screen using the phone only as a bluetooth modem. Ah, and I forgot to mention its battery life... it can stay days without a charge using intensivelly.
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 9:25 PM
#
H/PC Elite

IT IS WORKINGGG!!!! Friends, Im typing this message from my mobilepro 900 using my bluetooth socket card and my nokia phone. It is working perfectly. What happened is that I figured out that I didn't try the ppc2003 version of the driver. So I hard-reseted my mobilepro, just to make sure it was clean from previous installations, and then installed the ppc2003 socket driver. After a reset my card was recognized perfectly and then I was able to bond with my phone and proceed as usual with the connection. The only issue is that the software was projected for ppc2003 screens, so its impossible to see the buttons down on the interface. But as I was used to the interface on the jornada and both are similar, I just pressed some "enter"s and right arrow to confirm the options and now its fine. After bonding with my phone I doesnt even need to use the interface anymore, just the windows dialup dialog. Now Im completly happy with my mp900!! Thank you guys for all the help and support.

PS: C:Amie, as soon as I get home tonight, I will provide you a link with both drivers, one for HPC2000 and the other for ce.net 4.2. I would upload it right now to my dropbox account, but I want to save some megabytes of my phone data plan (I only have 10MB per day, after that they reduce my connection to 56kbps until the end of the day).
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-23 10:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I bet if you used Winwatch, then you could use the ppc2003 stuff perfectly...

How about you write up a short note on how you installed the drivers and ran the program, maybe with a few screenshots and I can include that info on my mymobilepro.us website...
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry guys, I didn't have much time yesterday night, but I'm uploading the drivers right now to my dropbox account. Do you know about any software to compress files on the hpc? I tried using pocketrar but it's not working properly on the cmonex v2 rom. The ezyunzip from cnetx works great, but it only extract files, don't compress them. Im saying this because I took many screenshots of the bluetooth driver installation and I want to compress them to send it to my computer. I will make a simple guide so that Rich can put it on his website
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-24 7:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Probably easier to just copy screenshots to a desktop and compress them using Winzip...
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-27 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Finally I uploaded the drivers to my dropbox account. Here is the shared link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/krm59s1fqaxdokv/Bluetooth%20Driver.zip?dl=1
C:Amie, please include this on the HCL. These are both HPC2000 and WinCE4.2 drivers for the 8510-00159g model.
Also, I uploaded the screenshots I took while installing the socket drivers. Rich, if you want to take a look at them, soon I will write some simple instructions about that: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fgdiaq69f408qhd/ScreenShots.zip?dl=1
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-28 1:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Cool
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-08-28 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-you, I have now added both of those to the HCL/DLC.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-28 12:49 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Looked at the pics...nice job, they almost explain the process by themselves....
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-28 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Rich, they usualy say that a picture worth more than a thousand words. So, I think its impossible to be clearer about the process. If you still want me to write something, I can do that.
I feel happy to contribute a little bit with HPCFactor, as I already received so much help from it.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8