x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[REQ:<Global>] Sigmarion III

ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-25 4:11 PM
#
H/PC Elite

My SigIII is dead. After buying a nec900c and another jornada 720, I realized that there aren't anything good enought that can substitute the Sigmarion III. Its the perfect device for me, perfect size, good screen, good processor and good expansion. Anyone interested in selling his sigmarion to me? I live in Brazil so it has to be shipped to south america, and of course I will pay for the shipping costs.

Thanks!
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-08-30 4:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I found an user here at the forums that is available to sell his sigmarion to me. The problem is that it seems that EMS recently is a little restrict about sending batteries overseas. Do you guys know anything about it? I don't want a battery-less sigmarion and neither want to pay $200,00 for DHL. What can I do?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-08-30 5:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've had trouble in the past sending LION batteries overseas as well. The US Postal Service has strict guidelines on how you can ship them. After May 16th this year, forget it with the USPS unless you meet certain shipping criteria which is a pain in the butt...including special handling packages and certification.

If you lie and say something like "computer parts" or something on the claims form, and it is discovered during xray (which happens too much) then they automatically confiscate the battery and place it in a bin for disposal. You lose everything.

Even UPS requires a "dangerous goods" form to be followed, and they have a great algorhythm to help you determine if you need one or not. Check out this pdf: http://www.ups.com/media/news/en/pack_batteries.pdf

From what I read, the Sig III has a 1500mAh battery at 7.4V DC. This works out to (1500*7.4)/1000=11.1Wh. By UPS standard here in the US, by the weight and everything, the battery would not need a "dangerous handling/goods" document and should be able to be shipped without problem.

Maybe your best option would be to have the Sig III shipped to someone you know in the US and then have them UPS ship it overseas to you...though I have no idea what shipping costs would be.

Also FedEx is supposed to be another good option, but again, I have no idea the rates. But whatever you do...forget using the US Postal Service....arrrgh!!!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8