x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SmartCard Read/write Software for Windows CE 3.0

Zykl0n-B Page Icon Posted 2012-09-10 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello everybody,
I just bought a Hewlett-Packard Jornada 728 Handheld PC and i'm looking for a software capable of reading/writing on a SmartCard chip, but it's too hard to find on Google.

Long time ago i had a Jornada 728 (which i sold, by the way...) and i remember using a program to read and write information onto the smartcard, but i can't remember the name.

Could you please, recommend me some software to do this on my Jornada 728 HPC?
Thanks in advance!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-09-10 6:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You can read the info on some smart cards using this: http://www.wolfgang-rolke.de/wince/#smartcard

Or maybe you mean HP's Toptools?

There also was a security user login package as part of the HP Mobile ProtectTools Smart Card Kit.

Personally, I never found a single usage for that smartcard slot...
 Top of the page
Zykl0n-B Page Icon Posted 2012-09-10 7:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Excellent, Rich! Thank you!
That was the program i used before. Remember because of the german language on it.

But still, there are other issues with it. From what i have seen researching the ProtectTools and TopTools, Hewlett-Packard never developed a driver or software for Windows CE 3.0, but to Windows NT or later.

With this german software, one can read what's inside the smart car chip, but can't write data to it, and since it's the ONLY ONE i've ever seen available, i'll try to talk to the author for the source code or something.

Here's a direct download link to the program SmartCard.zip (for MIPS, ARM, 486 and 686).

Thank you for the invaluable information, Rich.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9