x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

[FS:<Worldwide>] 7 Nova 5000EX devices

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-10-15 1:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I found a nice deal on eleven Nova 5000EX devices on eBay while looking for part replacements for the one I already have. One has display issues like my original one, and another has no sound thus far. (It may just need the speaker replaced, but right now my Torx screwdriver set is buried somewhere in the garage, so I haven't gotten at it yet.) Two others I'm keeping (one blue with Nova 5000 OS version 1.01.12, and the other yellow with OS version 2.01.22). The rest include six of the yellow ones with the newer OS version, which work fine with no issues that I can find, and are cosmetically in good condition (just a small scuff here or there). I'm asking $70 plus shipping for each of these. The other one is the blue one with the older OS version, again cosmetically good, but it does display static-like lines and distortion on the screen while copying and pasting files. Other than that, though, it appears to work fine. For that one I'm asking $50 plus shipping.

These devices run Windows CE 5.0, with built-in 802.11g WiFi. These were originally designed as learning tools for students; as such they have four connection ports on top for connecting data-gathering peripheral devices. (Those weren't included in the lot.) There are also three USB host ports on the yellow ones, and two on the blue one. In place of the third USB port on the blue one is a PS/2 port. Both also have a standard USB client port for synchronization (using a standard USB cable). Both have a video-out port and an Ethernet port. Both have standard 3.5 mm microphone and headphone jacks, and one CF card slot (Type I or II). The button on the bottom front suspends the device and wakes it up.

Power adapters are not included. (They take 12-volt, 2500 mAh adapters, but the Jornada adapter plug is too small.) The batteries hold a charge, but I can't guarantee for how long. The pack is the plug-in type, though, so it should be easy to adapt.

I ship by Priority Mail in the US. To other locations we'll have to discuss terms. PM me if interested.

(Image0010.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Image0010.jpg (44KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2012-10-15 3:24 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Neat device. I seemed to have somehow disabled/erased the WiFi client on mine, but neat to play with until then (my version has a CF card slot). Got a few double-takes from people that saw a tablet in comic-book armor.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-10-15 5:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I did that on my first one. I think I reflashed it with an OS image that didn't include the WiFi client. These all have working WiFi though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9