x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pocket On-Schedule 'Out of Memory' error

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-10-27 11:42 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pocket On-Schedule 6.2 (H/PC 2000 version) opens fine on my Cuol Book, and I am able to save new PIM entries on the device end. However, when I try to sync it with my PC using On-Schedule Outlook Sync, I get an error on the PC end that says "There is insufficient space on the device to download this file," saying that "0 bytes" of storage memory are available. According to the Control Panel, there is plenty of space to download the file, which is less than 1 kb in size. This error occurs whether I run POS from the Storage Card, USB Disk, internal flash ROM, or \Program Files. What's going on? How can I overcome this error so that I can sync data? (None of the other versions will open on the device.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 11:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Problem partially solved. The only way it works is if the application is installed by CAB file to the default location. I had been trying to run it by simply adding the folders to the device without actually installing the program - which I've become accustomed to doing because nearly all of my CE 5 and 6 devices are so picky about CAB files. I'm assuming that it was creating incompatible registry values for the databases on first run that way. Now it's synching everything fine on the CUOL Book. Strangely, however, I'm still getting the same error on my TinyBook T700 (which is the same device with a different name) even after doing the CAB install to the default location.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 11:50 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Weird...must be something different in the way the storage manager and the drive is formatted....

Is there any difference in the CE 4.x version and the HPC2000 version?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-18 12:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, for one, the former requires mfcce400.dll and olece400.dll instead of the H/PC 2000 versions of mfcce300.dll and olece300.dll. But that's really not the issue, since both will run on it with the proper DLLs. They just won't both install from the CAB file on the device. Only one CE 4 version (and more than one version exists) will actually install from its original unmodified CAB.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-05 9:20 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I have discovered a small workaround that allows me to view synchronized Pocket On-Schedule PIM data on the T700 (as well as on all my WonderMedia-based devices, none of which are synchronizable): simply copy the .osb files and the .cdb file from the Pocket On-Schedule folder from another device that has been successfully synchronized into the POS folder on a device that is able to run POS but hasn't synchronized its data successfully. (You can either overwrite the existing files in the second device's folder, or put the files in a separate subfolder and register a new database linking to that folder.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 25