x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone still use nPOPuk?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-08 4:03 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Jake - 2012-11-07 4:44 AM

Thanks, C:Amie. Yes, I can confirm that w/ a Jornada 720, Earthlink POP mail, nPOPuk 3.0rc1 receives and sends.

I dug out my J720 and found the same thing: rc1 works fine. However, on my J820, 3.0rc1 for wce211/arm does not work.

I have already written some code for converting to/from UTF8 on WinCE211; I tested it on some non-ascii data I had and I got the same result from my function as the MultiByteToWideChar function gives on my Win7 machine. I would like to do some more testing of that, but I should be able to just take the 3.0 official code down to my old XP machine and quickly compile the WCE3 binaries.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-08 4:54 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OK, the WinCE3 binaries are now posted on the downloads page of the official nPOPuk web site.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2012-11-08 8:51 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Excellent work gjcoram,

If you want some help moving your XP machine into a Virtual Machine that you can run on Windows 7, let me know. If nothing else it will simplify this process for you.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-11-08 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

gjcoram - 2012-11-04 5:41 PM

Anyone still use nPOPuk?

I use it on every WinCE device I have. Especially on my MP900C. I don't use it on anything newer though as I don't use anything newer.
 Top of the page
tõnna Page Icon Posted 2012-11-12 11:04 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

SOLIDUS - 2012-11-08 7:56 PM

I use it on every WinCE device I have.

Same here!
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 2:49 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

My question was really: are you actually *using* nPOPuk as a mail client on a daily basis, or are you just saying that that's the mail client you have installed on all your WinCE devices, but you rarely use them because you mostly do e-mail on your desktop or smartphone or whatever?

Have you tried 3.0?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 5:23 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I use nPOPuk on both a CE 2.0 and 3.0 device. When using an HPC alongside my Android phone, I much prefer the HPC keyboard/nPOPuk for email for all the obvious reasons.

I've always longed for IMAP capability on nPOPuk, and actualy use AOL's smtp server for outgoing email on nPOPuk.

Jake
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-11-13 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What happened to the CE 2.0 versions? I know the latest revision doesn't support it but it doesn't make sense to just remove them from the site completely. Is it possible that revision 2.16 could be put back on the site for CE 2.x purposes only? Its not as if the files would take up a vast amount of space on the server anyway. Thanks

I've played around with nPop in the past, seems like a pretty good and well maintained app and could come in handy if I have a sudden spark of interest in HPCs in the future.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-17 10:17 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Well, that's interesting ... I know the old versions are still on the web site somewhere, but I see where Paspie could think they weren't. I went to the Changes page and then there was a link to see all the previous versions that were hosted on the current web site:
http://npopuk.org.uk/versions.cgi?versions
 Top of the page
wkt Page Icon Posted 2012-11-24 6:00 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I want to add a remark about a problem I have with the newest version :

I cant save attachments... It tells me that the file is corrupt and I shall
reload the message (? how ??? ) and try again...

BTW : the attachments were pictures ( e.g. .jpg ) and videos ( > 15MB ).
Didnt try text attachments yet.

Edited by wkt 2012-11-24 6:02 PM
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-28 3:15 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wkt - For support, I suggest you post your question/problem on the forum at the npopuk site; there are a few people who respond to questions. Off the top of my head, I wonder: do the filenames contain any non-ascii characters? Spaces? Can you try sending one small picture to yourself, named something simple like "test.jpg" ? I was able to save an attached .zip file with no problem.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2012-11-28 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

gjcoram - 2012-11-12 9:49 PM

My question was really: are you actually *using* nPOPuk as a mail client on a daily basis.

And again, on all my WinCE devices. Especially my MobilePro 900C as I use it on a daily basis.

I've not yet checked out 3.0, will do so.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-11-30 2:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wkt - 2012-11-24 1:00 PM

It tells me that the file is corrupt and I shall
reload the message (? how ??? )

If you mark the message to download, it should re-download it, even if it already has a complete copy.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-11-30 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

gjcoram - 2012-11-17 10:17 PM

Well, that's interesting ... I know the old versions are still on the web site somewhere, but I see where Paspie could think they weren't. I went to the Changes page and then there was a link to see all the previous versions that were hosted on the current web site:
http://npopuk.org.uk/versions.cgi?versions
Oh okay. Didn't realise there were separate pages for different versions. Thanks.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-12-05 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've just posted a release candidate for WinCE211 (ARM) here:

http://npopuk-forum.986084.n3.nabble.com/Release-candidates-for-nPOPuk-3-01-Win32u-WM6-tp4022760p4022768.html

It starts up on my Jornada 820, so I have high hopes. (I didn't build the one with SSL yet; hopefully, you don't need SSL to test, or you have the OpenSSL DLLs.)
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11