x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone still use nPOPuk?

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2012-12-10 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

nPOPuk 3.01 is now released, and binaries are available for WinCE 2.0 and 2.11 (as well as 3.0 and 5.0 -- the 2.x binaries were not available in nPOPuk 3.0).
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2012-12-11 1:22 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

gjcoram - 2012-12-10 12:51 PM

nPOPuk 3.01 is now released, and binaries are available for WinCE 2.0 and 2.11 (as well as 3.0 and 5.0 -- the 2.x binaries were not available in nPOPuk 3.0).

Just picked it up and installed it on one of the Sylvania-badged WinCE 7 netbooks (the netbook came with an earlier version). Definitely a decent step up from the older HPC email apps.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-09 3:34 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I've released 3.02, which doesn't really have anything new for HPC users (it does enable RichEdit on Win32 platforms, so your links can be blue and underlined).

However, following some requests on the HPC SCL (http://www.hpcfactor.com/scl/details.asp?id=94), I've tried creating some .CAB files. I'd be obliged if some of you could try out these files and tell me if they work at all. Ideally, I'd get a reporter for each of the 4 CABs (ARM, MIPS, SH3, SH4) that I've posted on the downloads page ( http://npopuk.org.uk/3.02/downloads.html ).

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-09 1:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well the files install and decompress okay...however, it is unusual that the default directory for all the application is in the "my documents" folder. Most developers have their programs install into the "program files" folder....

Other than that it works fine.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2013-07-09 8:14 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Perhaps %CE5% was used instead of %CE1% in the paths.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-09 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hi, Rich -
Thanks for the report.

By default, nPOP and nPOPuk saves data to the same folder where the exe resides, so it didn't seem right to put user data (mailboxes) in the Program Files folder. I could go either way.

Do you think I should automatically create a shortcut on the desktop?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-10 12:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I like the idea of automatic shortcuts on desktop. If someone doesn't like it, then it is easier to drag to the trash than for them to create it I think...
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-07-11 1:11 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I can't imagine that developers at nPOP would ever want to take this on--but I would love imap support. My wife won't give up her ancient AOL account, and AOL Anywhere no longer functions with an H/PC. My workaround is to check AOL through the slow Pocket Outlook and send through nPOP (P Outlook won't play nice with authenticated SMTP).

Might be nice to use gmail through imap, though gmail through nPOP has always worked well.

At any rate, nPOP is an all-time great.

Jake
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-12 12:55 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I want to do imap, but there's only so much time I can devote to this hobby!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-07-12 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I can certainly understand--your support already has been wonderful.

Jake
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-14 7:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just updated the 6 CAB files to include a shortcut on the desktop. Dug my Jornada 820 out of the closet and tried it; it worked fine. The only thing was, when I started it up and it wanted to find an internet setup file, it didn't start in the nPOPuk folder where the CAB file installed the sample .ins files.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-14 9:29 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

No...by default it is going to show the root folder of the HPC...you just need to know where to look for it....or you could set the install dir path of the four sample .ins files to the root folder, rather than \My Documents\nPOPuk folder.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-14 11:07 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

The program has stuff built in to remember the last dir from which a file was opened (to attach) or saved, so I might be able to pre-load the install dir. I don't think I should clutter up the root folder with the .ins files.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-15 1:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Actually, nPOPuk is fine as it is...I wouldn't worry about it really. And keeping the .ins files in the nPOPuk folder actually is better as then people know to which main program it belongs.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-07-16 3:29 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

OK, so I played around with this a little. The CAB files now install the program to
\Program Files\nPOPuk
along with the readme, licenses, and the .ins files. I also put in a little stub of an .ini file that points to
\My Documents\nPOPuk\nPOPuk.txt
as the real configuration file. So, now all user data goes in \My Documents, as it should.

I also set the initial directory for finding the .ins files to \Program Files\nPOPuk, so it opens up properly.

Alas, testing this out on my J820 wore out the left-hand hinge, so now the screen is hanging on by only the ribbon cable ...
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.253 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 9