x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ambicom WL54-CF wifi card help needed

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-12-10 9:01 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I decided to buy an Ambicom WL54-CF...mainly cause I always wanted to try one with my 900C and it was only $3 on eBay.

I've tried 3 different CE.NET 4.2 drivers, and they all work. I tried the Planex, the I/O data, and the Ambicom drivers.

When I say they work, what I mean is that the CF card lights up like it should and I don't get any errors.

However, and here is the caveat....I have no way to configure the silly thing. I mean there is no Microsoft Zero Configuration Tool for CE.NET...is there?

And I don't want to have to go in to the registry to manually set parameter anytime I need to enter data...and since WPA/WEP keys are normally encrypted in the registry, I'm not sure how I would do that anyways.

I know all you Sig3 people have a wonderful time using these 802.11G CF wifi cards...so why can't I use it on my 900C...I'm just pouting right now.

Anyone have any insight as to what I need to do? (And please don't talk to my wife to find out that answer....)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-12-12 2:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Update: Well it seems that the Cmonex flash for the 900C included or fixed the problem...

I set my home wireless router for "G" mode only and then was able to connect using the WL54-CF without any problems. I'm not sure if it was an updated DLL she added or just registry changes...but I can tell you that this card rocks with her OS build.

Monica...where are you...we miss you!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8