x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Skype on J7xx works but...SOUND

doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2012-12-12 10:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi ya all. Sory for my not to good english :/ So I run skype on my J720, almost. everything work's, chat calling, etc... Skype start quite fast, and when I caliing to "someone" i heard a voice of customer, AND customer hear my voice only 1-2 second's. of connect and aftet this time automaticly starts a M.Voice Recorder, and customer not heard me, but I can hear a cust.
Question in, how to disable a M.V.R. ? I think this is hardware problem, or CEsoft, but how to do it?
Much thank's 4 answer. So i can help with run Skype.
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-01-03 11:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Did any one can help me with this. I read many posts about skype, but (mayby my fault) i didn't found good help. Found for 4.x the same problem like NEC but it not have a microphone, so Jornada have it so how to do it? Please HELP. With pleasure I help with run working skype.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-01-04 9:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try going through the registry and replacing allreferences to MVR with the skype .exe file. One of them is being triggered as the default audio input source.

I'm pretty sure that the NEC 900 series does have a Mic on it.

What version of skype, which cab and what modifications have you made to it so far to make it work?
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-01-05 9:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank's for answer. In registry nothin' found to disable MVR, sound, voices, files... So, how skype work on my Jornada:
I tried few versions of skype, no one works, no one STARTs. So I found a. SkypeForPPC_beta version 2.2.0.18 - 6,81 Mega (7150351). Install it and, for my eyes skype starts. and hangs. Yea, when start then probably can work. Then i try with dll's. After that to work skype need AYGSHELP.dll (18944b), CELLCORE.dll (7168b), COREDLL.dll (856576b), IPHLPAPI.dll (29285b) and WEBVIEW.dll (779264b). And of course REDGEAR so start in few seconds and works. PLUS with some of thad libs, skype.exe from Sigmarion with CORESKP, NOTE_PRJ works too, but when callin' shows 1/0 voice error (same sh*t like turning on MVR)
Than i think is to disable MVR without disabling microphone. DAMN!!!!!!!!!! How?

Edited by doggystyle 2013-01-05 10:10 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-01-05 10:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Seems it might be possible to copy a dummy file onto our 720 with the same name as the MVR program...so if it gets called, nothing actually happens.
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-01-28 9:47 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I'm pretty sure that the NEC 900 series does have a Mic on it.

My fault, not NEC but
Netbook PRO

Edited by doggystyle 2013-01-28 9:49 PM
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-01-28 9:53 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

MVR is on ROM so it is impossible (i think) to change this files.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-20 2:46 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there a chance to get it running on my 720? I´ve tried the file that was available for SIG3 ("Skype for Sigmarion III - Version 3" and followed all instructions. Have been trying every trick I read here on the forum so far - but I cant get it to even start.

Do I have to load a different archive? Does somebody here have a packaged file that works and would provide me with that?
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2013-02-20 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

ROM files can be copied over the top of and then the copied version will be used instead. So find some EXE that does nothing at all, rename it to mvr.exe and copy it over the top. It would be really interesting if you can get it to work, as for the longest time nobody got it to work except for IM, no sound.
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-20 10:16 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Ok, there are 2 exe files i Windows folder: voiceapp and voicstub. Can't do nothing with this files, cant copy, hmmm change name.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 2:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

How do you want to delete them? AFAIk they´re read-only and cant be changed...

The next problem would be to address the soundcard - mic and speaker. How?
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 9:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yes, and this is that problem. When start speaking, microphone is turning on and with this voice recorder too. Subject is how to turn it off (mvr). Speaker work good. Good idea is like isotherm write, to change by empty exe file, but can't do nothin' with this, files are in ROM.

Edited by doggystyle 2013-02-21 9:52 PM
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 10:04 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there some sort of sound driver, that could be installed or replaced or pointed to via a registry entry, so that voiceapp doesn´t come on thru a Skype action?

Isn´t there a sounddriver like always in Windows?
 Top of the page
doggystyle Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 10:09 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Don't know. So I try to another time search veeeeery ground a registry.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-21 10:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

doggystyle - 2013-02-21 10:09 PM

Don't know. So I try to another time search veeeeery ground a registry.

Well, if youre looking for a trigger, then I think this will be the only way....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 73 - Executed queries : 8