x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MyMobiler

[Frozen]
Frozen
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-12-25 10:06 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This is a really cool app for browsing and/or controlling your mobile device from your desktop PC. You can connect directly through WiFi or through ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center. It works on Windows CE 4.2 .net and later devices. Details are here:

http://mymobiler.com/mm/?p=72

I tested it on one of my Fourier Nova 5000s using WiFi connection between the two computers' IP addresses, and it works nicely. Screenshots are below. I pulled up the Start Menu and opened Total Commander and KelBran Pocket Calendar using the touchpad controls on my PC.

(MyMobiler.jpg)

(MyMobiler2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MyMobiler.jpg (139KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments MyMobiler2.jpg (134KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-12-25 1:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Kinda like Soti Pocket Controller, eh? Does it work with older HPCs?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-12-25 9:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not natively, because it includes a client program for the CE device, and there are three versions. One's OS version is identified as 4.20, while the other two identify as 5.01 (Windows Mobile 5). It works better than Microsoft's Remote Display program, however, which doesn't recognize many CE devices.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-12-25 10:53 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Works fine with 900C however...kinda cool looking at a 200% screen size...fills my whole monitor! Had a bit of trouble downloading it though...had to find it on the Wayback Machine...for some reason the download link kept taking me to some Android version...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-12-26 2:58 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

So far it's working with all my synchronizable CE 5 and 6 devices, including outside of ActiveSync via WiFi - as well as on one device I haven't found a way to sync: my RazorBook (CE 5). It recognizes two other non-synchronizable devices (my Sylvania SYNET7WIC [Windows Embedded Compact 7] and my 10" CE 6 netbook), but won't display the desktop nor show files in the desktop explorer app.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-12-30 6:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Also working on my ZT-180 CE 6 tablet. So far the only devices it hasn't fully worked on all have Via/WonderMedia processors (the SYNET7WIC with the VS8650, and two WM8505 netbooks). Those three devices are connecting and being recognized, but none will load the display nor show files in the desktop explorer app.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-03-25 5:24 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Correction on the SYNET7WIC (WEC 7): its contents do in fact show up in the file explorer app on the desktop, even though the display won't show up on the PC. Retesting the WM8505 devices, I still can't get the contents of those devices to show up in the desktop file explorer.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-29 6:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I've been playing with this for several days now, and I kept having a sensation of Deja Vu...duh, no wonder. Check out my own post from 2008:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=11599&po...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-03-29 6:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

LOL - that's what I get for not doing a forum search first. Still, I'm glad I revived discussion of this utility.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.169 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9