x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Development for Windows CE 2.0

[Frozen]
Frozen
angelusbarney Page Icon Posted 2013-02-04 4:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

As I could not find anything related to this, I wanted to know what one would need to develop applications using Windows XP (I have it in a VM) for a Windows CE 2.0 system (ornada 620lx in particular).

I got the SDK for 2.0, 2000 and Palm-size installed, plus a copy of eMbedded C++ and eMbedded VB installed as well, but only the latter two appear, probably due to the differences in the platform sdks. If I could at least get something that will let me edit some decent C++, and compile it for SH3 WinCE 2.0, that would be excellent. But I would highly prefer to be able to have a dialog builder available as well, help ease the pain of dealing with whatever API is available (Is MFC even available or usable with 2.0?)

Any pointers would be lovely.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-02-05 9:43 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There was a hack to get the C++ compiler in the CE 2.0 SDK to work with eVC++. However to do it properly you need Visual C++ 6 and the Windows CE Toolkit for VC 6, that will give you native compiler and IDE support in Visual Studio 6.
 Top of the page
gjcoram Page Icon Posted 2013-05-12 12:16 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

VC++6 and the CE toolkit is what I use to compile nPOPuk for CE2.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-05-12 2:24 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
For which I am very grateful. nPOPUK is my go-to app on my Sharp Mobilon 4100. I also just dug my J720 out of mothballs and went to your helpful site and installed the latest nPOPUK for Windows CE 3.0. Execellent as well.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I had installed nPOPUK 3.1 yesterday and had been looking for a place to thank you properly for your great work.

Jake
 Top of the page
angelusbarney Page Icon Posted 2013-12-24 6:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Right now, I'm just trying to find information on how to write programs for Windows CE 2.0 without needing to buy any added software to do such.
AFAIK, TclCE only works with 2.11 and beyond, and everything else seems like payware or wouldn't work on my 620lx.

Anyone have any suggestions?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-24 9:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Your options are extremely limited under 2.00. What languages are you comfortable coding in? / What are you trying to achieve?

p.s. if you are willing to compile from the command line, there was a hack that lets you use the 2.0 SDK under newer VS releases.
 Top of the page
angelusbarney Page Icon Posted 2013-12-27 5:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2013-12-24 5:19 AM

Your options are extremely limited under 2.00. What languages are you comfortable coding in? / What are you trying to achieve?

p.s. if you are willing to compile from the command line, there was a hack that lets you use the 2.0 SDK under newer VS releases.

I'm comfortable in languages such as C, C++, basically if I can get some code compiled for it, I'd be pleased.
Does the 2.0 SDK contain the files needed to compile for SH3 and the like, I thought I remember reading that it only contains elements for compiling for the x86 based emulator, and even getting that to work with the version of VS that it seems intended for seems to be no easy task (I'm using a Win 2K vm with Studio '97 containing Visual C++ 5, and even that was a stretch to be able to obtain.

Hopefully I can get my dreamspark account reactivated, since the CE toolkit and VC6 are available on it from my college (I'm still a student, but they seem to have forgotten to reactivate my account there). And with that I'd have a much better environment to perhaps go and port another language to it, or perhaps even get an open source runtime or something of the like built that way the options won't be so limited anymore.

But mainly, I just want to build some programs to sharpen my skills, and get some enjoyment out of my HP 620LX
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-12-27 11:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

This will get you compiling for it from a Windows NT 4+ PC:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/d/0008.asp
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.219 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 29