x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MP900 Jlime and more

Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2013-02-14 6:40 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hey all, I have owned an NEC of one type or another for the past 8 or 10 years now, I am familiar and fond of these little demons. I own an mp900 now with the 4.2 updated rom, and I am waiting on another CF card from ebay so I can mess around with jlime and I'm probably too excited. I do have some questions as far as multi-booting, would it slow my system down at all? Would I have re flash the system every time I do a hard reset? I've seen some literature and I am almost certain I will be looking for more in the future, feel free to share your experience. The second question I have is, can I successfully send packets with the serial cable for testing other devices like a host pc, or a switch's connection for educational purposes or even a work application on CE or Jlime. I remember doing this in a Cisco vocational class in high school but I really don't remember what program was used and how it was done. It was a function I had never seen before in computing and I thought it was amazing the first time, and it's the little things that really keep people going, especially in that particular field.

Thank you.
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2013-02-14 6:27 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

When I started talking about packet transfer I left out something else which is pinging, basically the same thing, which I believe can be done with a serial cable, but I guess it all depends on what system your testing and what port is readily available. Not to mention I would most definitely need some type of dongle for the serial cable, if not an entirely different cable, which I am currently looking in to.
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2013-02-15 12:00 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Figured out pretty quick that I have either a 780 or a 790 serial cable, and not a 900.... like this one http://www.shopping.com/NEC-NEC-MOBILEPRO-900-SERIAL/info . The pins are completely different, fun!...
So if anyone is looking for a 780/790 serial cable and can't find one.. PM me... ugh the search continues... again.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-15 11:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I can help you with getting MP900/900C serial cables. I can make them.

Top of the page
tõnna Page Icon Posted 2013-02-16 4:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

stingraze - 2013-02-15 1:35 PM

I can help you with getting MP900/900C serial cables. I can make them.

And how much You want for these?
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2013-02-17 5:14 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

$20 including shipping by regular airmail. PM me if you are interested.
 Top of the page
Grasshopper Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 9:02 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Is it anything like making an RJ45 cable, twisted pairs, line them up and clamp/cover. Or is it way more complex than that?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 11:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

The key and almost impossible thing is to get the connector for the Mobilepro...it takes a proprietory serial connector...which Stingraze just happens to have some of....

I can tell you that I got one from him and it works perfectly...I can actually sync with a serial port on my desktop with it....though why I don't know as I always use my USB port for that...but it is a standard serial cable when he gets done.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10