x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

RTFM Page Icon Posted 2013-02-18 6:10 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I just tossed my Augen Genbook 108 up on ebay. Low starting bid. Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281066814077?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trk...

Cheers
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-18 1:36 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Wow...you must not want to sell it really...I mean honesty is one thing...but you blasted it! Here is how I would have worded your auction:

"Augen Genbook 10.2" Android laptop for sale. Search the web for reviews and specs on this thing"

BTW, it sure looks a lot like my old Wabook Sky. Is it an 8505 processor? Did you ever consider flashing it with the Wabooks image and turn it into a CE machine?

And "except refunds" should be "accept refunds"
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2013-02-18 2:03 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

" or if you have anger issues you could easily throw this at the wall or smash it with a bowling pin."

Coffee just went out my nose after reading that line lol... that is awesome !
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-18 7:06 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich, you know the last thing RTFM wants to do is change a non-CE device into a CE device. (And maybe he not only won't accept refunds, but indeed takes exception to requests for one.)
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 12:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Heh, i did use except vs accept didn't i? I will revise my auction post and correct it. As for the cpu type it is a Telechips TCC8902. If it were a WonderMedia product i would have had linux running on it already, or made a custom android rom, since the WonderMedia products are so easy to hack on. I just couldn't find any info on this thing. The best i could do was root it, remove the bloat, and add a better launcher and some decent apps. It's not a bad unit, but it isn't great by any means. It's better after my slight modifications than stock however. I figured i'd be brutally honest with this auction. Maybe somebody has one that actually likes theirs and wants a spare. Who knows. For $25 you really can't go wrong. Also for the angry people who like to smash stuff, a $25 netbook is cheaper to take your frustrations out on vs a $400 laptop.

Cheers
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 4:56 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
An honest seller, thank god. This is the same tone I'll use when trying to get my daughter into college. "She's not so bad" will be my premise. Admissions will be overwhelmed by my candor and pleasantly surprised once they let her in. "I wasn't *that* bad" will be her graduating speech, given to nodding thousands.

Good with the sale, you honest person, you,
Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

How do you guys think Rich became a mod here?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-19 1:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It's because they know that I'm a lonely old man living near poverty, without a career and without a purpose...sustaining my meager days until the end comes....in other words, they did it out of pity...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9