x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Orinoco GOLD PC24E-H-FC compatible???

[Frozen]
Frozen
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-23 11:56 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is that card compatible to the Jxx series? In the HCL section I can only find a "Silver" version, but Gold isnĀ“t mentioned at all.

These are the details:
PC CARD T2 Extended Orinoco World
128RC4 Kit Gold 111MB - PC24E-H-FC

Has anyone experiences with this card good/bad?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-02-23 5:16 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Should be good. Good model number anyways...same as silver card. The Orinoco Gold label was used so much you have to be really careful. They made a ton of cards for different vendors. The oldest cards had a blue globe of the world on them...great 16 bit cards. Then newer ones had the word Orinoco in black with wavy lines. Still okay. Then they changed model numbers from PC24E-H-FC to PC24E-11-FC/R. That is when incompatibility issues started. Stay away from those that say Orinoco with white letters. If you see any with some guy in a business suite waving his right arm in the air, Proxim cards...avoid them as they don't work. At least that is my experience.

But I've been wrong in the past and am most of the time...if in doubt, ask my wife.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-23 6:21 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for the hint! This kind of info is valuable and missing in the HCL section!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-02-24 5:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually it is in there - you just have to check under all the brand names (Lucent Technologies, Agere Systems, and Proxim Wireless). Rich covered it pretty well, though - there've been lots of threads here discussing the distinctions.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9