x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Notification LED on J7xx

woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-24 7:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there a way to assign the red LED below the Display to a program or function?

Like receiving a message via Skype and linking it (instead of sound) with the light?
Some sort of registry key perhaps?
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-03-04 1:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Nobody???
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-04 3:44 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is obviously controlled in part by software, since new appointments cause it to be highlighted...and you might search the registry and see if there are any entries pertaining to that...but since it is unique to the 720, no software developer ever wrote code to support it...so it is something you would have to figure out on your own I'm afraid...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 8:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wouldn't it have a key code under HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Keys, Rich?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-03-05 1:33 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Good guess, but I have no idea...but since the notification can be controlled through the appointments...I would think there is some way to turn it on and off and access it manually. The problem would be that even if you can do that...there is no software out there that would use that function...
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2013-03-06 6:17 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Quackenchat has an option to flash this LED upon receiving new messages (although it was an IRC client, it had features to use with Bitlbee). But I don't think it would be very easy to modify an existing program to do this. It has to make a certain system call in order to flash the LED, rather than play a sound.

Edited by isotherm 2013-03-06 6:19 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.168 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10