x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Nokia D211 WLAN Trouble

MM2forever Page Icon Posted 2013-02-24 7:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Community,

I recently got a Jornada 720 with the Nokia D211 Network/GSM/etc. card.

I cant connect to any network over WLAN using the card in the Jornada
With Beta Drivers (ver. 1.41) under XP in a Laptop, the connection to the same WLAN router works with the card.

Where can I find such Beta Drivers for Windows CE or what do I have to do to get it working anyways??
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2013-02-24 11:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm not sure that I understand your situation. Did you see http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/nokia/d211/ and try the Hardware Compatibility List for drivers (http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/)? Support on how to connect to GPRS (http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0035.asp) might actually help you decide if the card is functional? Connecting to Wifi requires you do be at WEP or lower security levels.
 Top of the page
MM2forever Page Icon Posted 2013-02-25 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

The card is working in my Laptop running Windows XP, but only if i use the Beta drivers mentioned in my starting post.

For Windows CE on Jornada 720 there are no Beta drivers - at least I couldnt find any.

The router im trying to connect has no security at all (no WEP/MAC-Filter) for testing purposes at the moment.

So as I see it its all about the drivers - The card itself is working.

The WinCE 3.00 driver for the Nokia D211 provided here at HPC:Factor doesnt work with my Jornada 720
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-25 5:53 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

And there is no other driver, that is compatible to this card?
 Top of the page
tõnna Page Icon Posted 2013-02-25 8:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

As I said in another thread, wifi would not work with d211 on Jornada. Or I correct myself. The card would work but it wouldnt connect to any AP, secured or not. If there is anybody in this community, rise Your hand and tell how you managed to connect.
 Top of the page
woolfman Page Icon Posted 2013-02-25 10:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Tonna, I MANAGED to get Wifi connect to mz router, even under WEP. The trick that worked was to use the "hexadecimal" key setting on the router and to enter it in ascii on the nokia card in "infrastructure" mode. but it onlz would work in "b" mode. If I would trz the "G" mode, the card refuses to connect or even FIND a WLan. Of course I set the card and the router alwayt to broadcast SSID. oh, btw I use a tp-link 340g router.
 Top of the page
Albc Page Icon Posted 2021-09-16 9:17 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I just got a Jornada 720 and 2 Nokia D211 wlan cards. I was able to install it. Jornada recognise them. I set a no password Wi-Fi connection (for testing purpose) but I didn’t find any way to let the card sees the network. The network is visible. Please help me if you can.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 32