x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Reflashing Ubisurfer?

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-04-13 2:17 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sounds like a fun challenge
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-04-19 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

markfptuson - 2013-04-13 5:17 AM

Sounds like a fun challenge

Yeah - until you try doing it yourself.
 Top of the page
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 10:06 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Just found these on eBay, and I've seen one in person too - they're mega TINY: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Mini-Netbook-Notebook-Laptop-WIFI-Windo...

I'd ask if it's worth getting one, but for the low spec you'll all say no BUT can these be reflashed/reinstalled/whatever? They look like there's a little bloatware (a lot of bloatware), and the XP-style shell thing will sap me of my patience very quickly too. Thoughts?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 11:36 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Don't bother. I've seen this listing, and I have my doubts that the seller even knows the actual specs. There are 7" netbooks out there with the VS8650 processor running at 600 MHz that can be flashed with CE 6 or Windows Embedded Compact 7 (if they don't already have one of these), and they can be found for far less, at least on the US version of eBay.
 Top of the page
markfptuson Page Icon Posted 2013-04-28 11:42 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Well I've been looking, as you know, for something worth getting, but those ones aren't 7" screens, they're 7" across the whole unit, which is really quite attractive to me. I've looked for the TinyBook, and not found anything at all, so I'm looking a little, waiting, and still finding nothing. Unless someone here has one they'd be willing to sell me?
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5 6
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9