x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE 6.0 'Palm-size PC'

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2013-04-12 8:00 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hey Rich, were all of those installed under "Programs" in the start menu? Mine only has "Windows Explorer" in there, so to find the games and such I have to go browsing through directories to find what I need to launch etc.

Of the accessories it comes with one LONG USB cable - probably 9 or 10 ft long. Again for 8 bucks it's not bad!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-04-12 8:24 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

My "Programs File" folder was empty....everything is under a partition called "appsbin" on my machine, except for the USB Activesync utility which was under "VDisk" partition.
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2013-04-12 9:44 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Rich Hawley - 2013-04-12 2:24 PM

My "Programs File" folder was empty....everything is under a partition called "appsbin" on my machine, except for the USB Activesync utility which was under "VDisk" partition.

Gotcha, thanks much! Just making sure I wasn't going blind...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-04 7:37 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are more of these available from the same seller:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130900324117?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trks...

Needless to say, I picked up another one.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-09 6:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
wyrm Page Icon Posted 2013-05-09 9:18 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Too bad it doesn't offer international shipping. It seems like a nice little gadget to experiment with.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-05-09 10:48 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is certainly a simple enough device. Here are a couple of pictures of the insides of it. You can see the battery, only 900mAh, but it lasts pretty well. And it would certainly be easy enough to increase the battery as there is plenty of room in the case for some expansion.

Also here is the motherboard. You can see the Samsung K9GAG08U0M 2gb NAND chip in the center next to the ARM A80 processor. Also an empty area where another memory chip could be installed.

I wonder why there isn't more storage available for use...perhaps the main NAND chip doesn't support partitioning as the developer set the thing up?

Anyways, the thing is actually pretty well designed and built in comparison to a lot of other cheapo Chinese things I've seen...

(battery.jpg)

(motherboard.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments battery.jpg (187KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments motherboard.jpg (393KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-10 3:42 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I had to swap out batteries between the two I have cuz the battery in the second one wouldn't hold a charge. The good battery seems to hold a good charge - maybe three hours of light use.
 Top of the page
smb_gaiden Page Icon Posted 2013-05-10 6:34 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You guys made me buy this! Curious, is it touchscreen? Seem resistive or capacitive?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-10 6:59 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's touchscreen (gotta be - no other interface methods available), but also definitely resistive. (It'd be pretty hard to make touch gestures on that tiny screen anyway. ) Doesn't come with a stylus, though - you gotta provide your own.
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-05-17 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I purchased two of them, they are here and two more are on the way. I didn't see this thread, haven't logged in for a while but I saw them while browsing ebay for "Win CE PDA". I was Wtf? 8 bucks lol, I'm buying two. Lets see what ridiculous things I can do with them... I have used one of them the past few nights and all day today. My iPod touch 5G is having seizures and will be sent back to Apple soon so this is my replacement for now. Today my battery lasted about 2-3 hours with it having an 80% charge when I took it to work. It takes a little getting used to but turned out better built than I was expecting. I've been using a pen cap for a stylus. Any ideas for apps that will work on here? Any ways to update the OS? I'd love to get a paint app working. It wont sync with activesync for me..

(edit again lol got activesync working with it on my Win 2000 thinkpad.

I Really want to upgrade the battery..

I forgot to ask if anyone can figure out how to exit the mainmenu app. The only way is to reboot?

Edited by brainxtractor 2013-05-17 9:42 PM
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-05-17 9:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Rich Hawley - 2013-04-10 9:09 PM

Sure is a lot of incompatibility however running external software....most all of the CE MP3 players I installed don't work. The one native with the device is fine, I was just experimenting...

Also I tried to install the CE6 drivers for my wifi stick using a mini USB to full-size USB adapter...didn't get anywhere....

I installed TCPMP 0.72RC1 for Mp3s. It is working great.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-05-17 10:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

To exit the mainmenu program, the easiest way is to simply reset or power down. You can however run a CE task manager program and close it down that way. You would have to use the mainmenu explorer interface to access the task manager program file. But all that file searching and crappola...I'd rather just turn the darn thing off and back on again...

TCPMP is okay...but some of the MP3s I have with DRM encoding or high bit rates doesn't seem to want to play well with it.

Actually I need to find search the registry and find the controls to manually turn off the back light. I'm sure that would extend the MP3 playing time substantially.
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-05-17 11:16 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Theres probably a better mp3 player, Im a noob so I just went with this one. I will search more, cool little device. Wonder what happened to these things and why they seemed to come out of nowhere.
 Top of the page
brainxtractor Page Icon Posted 2013-05-18 3:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Minus the controls, I got this running. Snes9xJ4u

I wish I had controls.

Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.202 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 13