x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Aygshell LINKING problems

dusty_dex Page Icon Posted 2013-04-12 5:06 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Is the aygshell.lib only required for PocketPC (no keyboard variety) ?

I used to have everything set up nicely in a virtual PC, but recently I have changed to a different VM host (VirtualBox) with EVT3 installed.

I'm getting a problem resurface when I compile for HPC 2000, link failed can't find aygshell.lib.

Is the problem Palm-size PC/PocketPC SDK, or selecting wrong project type?
Would removal of the above cause problems with EVT3?

What other PocketPC / Palm-size .libs cause problems for HPC builds?

Is there any info pertaining to the function of aygshell? Perhaps somebody who knows this stuff, could write an article and stick it in the downloads section where it can easily be found.

Cheers,

Edited by dusty_dex 2013-04-12 5:07 PM
 Top of the page
roychanyl Page Icon Posted 2013-04-13 2:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi there, if the agyshell is the problem you encountered, I have a whole collection of agyshells (different versions from 1 to 18), I previously had a problem with Mobipocket, MDict and PDf, and they all required different versions of agyshell.dlls, Finally solved the problem with one of the 18 (some work for one program and not the others)

I do not know how to upload to the downloads section, if it is allowed to attach the zip file here, let me know, i will do so in the next reply.

Or, better still, I can email it to you if you drop me a tinker:

roychanyl@yahoo.com
 Top of the page
dusty_dex Page Icon Posted 2013-04-13 3:23 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

@roychanyl
It's ok I figured out what I'd done wrong. I used the wrong project type. DOH!

I did find the aygshell zip download at hpcmonex's web page last night. But they are actually .dll and not the .lib I required for linking during a build.

Anyhow, thanks for your offer, but the situation is resolved. (about an hour ago)

Edited by dusty_dex 2013-04-13 3:23 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2013-04-13 5:13 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

For the benefit of anyone searching into this thread, what exactly was your fix? Thanks
 Top of the page
dusty_dex Page Icon Posted 2013-04-13 6:33 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I used the first project on the list: WCE Application. The reference to aygshell.lib in the project build's settings won't be included by default.

The 3 wizard setup options:
empty project
simple hello world application (console)
Windows GUI app

have no effect on inclusion of aygshell.lib

Originally I used WCE PocketPC Application. (slaps head in exasperation)

Edited by dusty_dex 2013-04-13 7:00 PM
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-04-17 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

roychanyl - 2013-04-13 5:39 PM

Hi there, if the agyshell is the problem you encountered, I have a whole collection of agyshells (different versions from 1 to 18), I previously had a problem with Mobipocket, MDict and PDf, and they all required different versions of agyshell.dlls, Finally solved the problem with one of the 18 (some work for one program and not the others)

I do not know how to upload to the downloads section, if it is allowed to attach the zip file here, let me know, i will do so in the next reply.

Or, better still, I can email it to you if you drop me a tinker:

roychanyl@yahoo.com

The OP talks about the problems at the develompent stage, the linking to be exact. He does not need DLLs.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 28