x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Suspend options on some CE 5/6 devices

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-05 7:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As most of you are probably already aware, among my huge collection of CE devices has been two Wasp Technologies WPA1200 barcode scanners (CE 5) and two of the CE 6 media players mentioned in this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17072

I've noticed that the power button does different things on each half of each pair; ie, one WPA1200 and one of the CE 6 media players goes into suspend mode when the button is pressed, while the other one of each shuts down completely. This leads me to suspect the existence of a registry key to toggle the effect of the power button; however, going through the devices' registries I don't see anything obvious. I checked a few keys that looked like they might be candidates (eg, HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Power/State, which includes subkeys like ColdReboot, On, Reboot, resuming, and Suspend), but the values all appear the same between the suspending and non-suspending devices. (Anyway, it's not like I can mess with them without some reference as to what each value means, since I don't want another brick. ) Needless to say, there are no Control Panel applets on any of these devices for this either.

Is there anyone here with more expertise than I have on the CE 5 and 6 registries who might be able to shed some light?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-05-05 8:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Interesting...as I have one of those little media players, when I push my power button, it doesn't suspend, it turns off...like one of yours. How about dumping the registry on the one that suspends and send it to me...I'd like to load it out on mine and see what happens...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-05-05 9:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

That's the one that doesn't boot any more, Rich.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8