x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 728 keyboard stopped working

spacman Page Icon Posted 2013-05-28 11:31 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,

Few weeks ago i started to use my Jornada 728 again and it worked fine until i tried if Xircom IIps network adapter would work. It did not (jornada asked driver). So i ejected card and found out that my keyboard has stopped working, only power on/off works. I removed both batteries and let it be for few hours and tried again, but no success. Sometimes there comes random string like "1234567890=" when pressing keys but nothing else. Is it possible that Xircom has ruined my Jornada? I have read about 3.3v and 5v pcmcia-cards but sounds like a mystery to me if this is a reason. Any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-05-28 1:46 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I'd be willing to be it is more of a hardware problem. Perhaps the phsical insertion of the card rattled something inside. Best thing would be to take it apart and make sure the keyboard ribbon cable is securely attached. That is very simple to do...
 Top of the page
spacman Page Icon Posted 2013-05-28 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Just checked the cable, but did not make any difference :/ Disconnected it several times and started 728 even without keyboard and same thing with or without keyboard. In fact, things got worse, now keyboard is not working at all, earlier soft reset and on/off worked but now they are dead too guess the contact points in cable is somehow gone bad when disconnecting it...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-05-28 5:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Bummer...only thing to do now is try another keyboard and rule it out as being the problem and hope that is what it is and not the motherboard....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9