x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

10" WM8850 netbook with Windows Embedded Compact 7

[Frozen]
1 2 3
Frozen
Chuck E Page Icon Posted 2013-07-28 3:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hmmm...what apps are included on this Windows 7 Compact Embedded netbook? Is its Internet Explorer more capable (up-to-date) than that found on CE6 netbooks? Is there a decent image viewer? Maybe even a working You Tube app? Thanks!
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-07-28 6:15 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I had a working YouTube app on the Ubisurfer...and I believe it is on their website for download...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-07-28 8:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It has Internet Explorer Embedded, but that's also included on several CE 6 netbooks. And it still doesn't play videos within the browser like on my Zenithink ZT-180 tablet. (Browsing speed is pretty decent, though.)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-08-19 3:22 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The closest I've come so far to getting anything .NET CF working has been to put all the runtime files in a folder and then copy compatible apps there. Then I get the "The application failed to load required components" error. Even then netcfcfg.exe doesn't solve the problem.
 Top of the page
Alt Bass Page Icon Posted 2013-08-20 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I think that you should try DotFred's TaskMgr to delete that suspicious folder with strange icon - I think that it is the value of undefined type and TaskMgr handles them correctly.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-08-21 6:28 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

No dice. I deleted the key using the registry editor in dotFred Task Manager and tried reinstalling, but I got the same result as all the other times.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-10 8:59 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Curious...have you tried any firmware flashes on the netbook yet? I just bought an Android 8850 netbook on eBay for $10. It is a 10 inch type similar to what you describe...the seller said that the wifi and the camera were inoperable on it...so I thought I'd pick it up just to experiment with firmware flashing and see what happens...

Probably there is another brick coming...but oh well, I'm good at that...
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-10 10:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There aren't any WEC 7 10" ROM images that I can find on the Web. Anyway, I got a second one after the first one developed a weird quirk (the video reversed hue completely so that it looks like a photo negative), and the second one has the exact same issue with .NET CF. It looks like the only ROM in use thus far is faulty.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-10 10:30 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-11 6:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Actually, I've seen that forum before, but the file will not download from MediaFire. I keep getting error messages on the MediaFire page when I click on the download link. Anyway, it looks like it may be primarily for VS8650 devices, and the steps involved look kinda complicated.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-11 11:04 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, I'll let you know...I downloaded it just fine, so when my Android laptop comes in, I'll give it a try and see what happens...
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-14 2:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well, I got the Android netbook in...it has a 9.7 inch screen, 1024 x 600 pixels. And it doesn't seem to recognize the SD card firmware when I insert it. It recognized the SD card ok through the OS, and wants to format it...but doesn't see the firmware update at all, so I can't do anything with it yet.

Note: I just noticed that the CE firmware is for 8650, not 8850...so there must be some differences in the firmware design...crap.

Here are a few pics of it...the label on the bottom, then end showing the ports, a picture of it running Android ICS, and a couple of the motherboard inside...

(nb1.jpg)

(nb2.jpg)

(nb3.jpg)

(nb4.jpg)

(nb5.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments nb1.jpg (131KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments nb2.jpg (59KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments nb3.jpg (190KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments nb4.jpg (325KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments nb5.jpg (341KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-14 6:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I did see that the UberCE7 ROM was compiled for the 8650, but the text pulled from the page for my search results seemed to indicate that it could work with the 8850. Might need a tweak or two for the 8850 to recognize it. Not a big surprise to me, though - I recently tried flashing an 8650 ROM on an 8505 device, and the result was the same: the device wouldn't recognize the file and did nothing, just booting the existing ROM as usual.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2013-12-14 8:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well it took me a while, but I finally found a compatible Android firmware flash for this netbook. The Agptek TP12A firmware flash installs on it perfectly. Actually several of the Agptek firmware flashes installed on it fine, but they were for the 7" screen or 8" screen and so only part of the screen was filled. The TP12A flash works perfectly and fills the entire 1024x600 screen.

Now to just figure out how to convert the uberCE7 rom to work with this existing firmware flash...

BTW, after flashing, this is what you supposedly get:

(ceflash.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ceflash.jpg (193KB - 1 downloads)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2013-12-14 9:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

So where'd you get that image if you haven't flashed CE on it yet?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 72 - Executed queries : 11